Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

I am not a Will Smith fan, but got talked into seeing "King Richard". It's a really good movie with outstanding across the board acting. The Princess and I both go 4 stars and recommend seeing this movie. Once again we were the only people in the theater.
Thanks for the review!

We decided to venture back to an actual theater in a safe and socially distanced manner on Thanksgiving day to see Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Some thoughts.

* It's a bit derivative, leaning heavily in places on the original movie for context and plot points. Having said that, the way the story is told, those points fold seamlessly into a new story serving as anchors to the original and do not require you to have actually seen it to get what they're doing. If you have, it's just more win, honestly.

* It checks off the fan service boxes amazingly, while still telling a unique story and giving us new characters and new fun. If you're a fan of the original, there are points where you will get chills when certain things happen.

* It hits all the right feels at all the right places to tell the story and has a very satisfactory conclusion. The comedy is still there sprinkled throughout, and works every bit as well as it did in GB and GB2.

* There are 2 stingers in the closing credits, so make sure you stay all the way to the very end for the second one. It sets up some stuff for later.

All in All, my whole family thought it was great. Even my daughter who was lukewarm on the originals. If you liked Ghostbusters and GB2, you will really enjoy this.

We decided to venture back to an actual theater in a safe and socially distanced manner on Thanksgiving day to see Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Some thoughts.

* It's a bit derivative, leaning heavily in places on the original movie for context and plot points. Having said that, the way the story is told, those points fold seamlessly into a new story serving as anchors to the original and do not require you to have actually seen it to get what they're doing. If you have, it's just more win, honestly.

* It checks off the fan service boxes amazingly, while still telling a unique story and giving us new characters and new fun. If you're a fan of the original, there are points where you will get chills when certain things happen.

* It hits all the right feels at all the right places to tell the story and has a very satisfactory conclusion. The comedy is still there sprinkled throughout, and works every bit as well as it did in GB and GB2.

* There are 2 stingers in the closing credits, so make sure you stay all the way to the very end for the second one. It sets up some stuff for later.

All in All, my whole family thought it was great. Even my daughter who was lukewarm on the originals. If you liked Ghostbusters and GB2, you will really enjoy this.
It sounds like you had a good time!

Back
Top Bottom