Current Social Media Chicken Feed Craze - posted testing results

Read my comments above, I've already answered this. Birds aren't cows or humans, you can't cause them to stop laying by tricking them into thinking they are pregnant, all mammal-like, because birds don't carry live young to term.
My point is (I don't know anything I am learning) asking questions to get answers. Sorry I didn't put your birth control points all together.

Good job, Thanks!

"OvoControl-G® 2500 ppm nicarbazin bait is recommended for incorporation into a comprehensive management plan as a reproductive inhibitor for use in controlling resident Canada goose flock sizes."

Quoted from the Abstract. Bait as in food, not implants. If nicarbazin effects chickens is the next question.
Keep reading, I've already answered this too.

Read my comments above, I've already answered this. Birds aren't cows or humans, you can't cause them to stop laying by tricking them into thinking they are pregnant, all mammal-like, because birds don't carry live young to term.
well, they do get broody and with the temperature rise it produces what to stop them from laying? so yes there can be something in the feed and testing for things other than FEED Values is where to look if you are going to look,Total chemical make up. Look at the source of individual ingredients and aditives for unwanted by products. If something is actual causing this "no egg laying" that is how and where it will be found. but they don't it to be found or they would look.

well, they do get broody and with the temperature rise it produces what to stop them from laying? so yes there can be something in the feed and testing for things other than FEED Values is where to look if you are going to look,Total chemical make up.
But nobody is saying, "All my hens are acting broody and I'm not getting any eggs."

https://www.fda.gov/food/natural-toxins-food/mycotoxins

Reading this, I don't think mycotoxins would slow or stop egg production but make the birds sick or die. Might take a while to see the effects. No one has commented on sick birds.
In my experience with other livestock, they get very sick and they die..usually loads of corn are tested when they arrive at the mill before they are even allowed to enter the main area.. feed companies,even localones turn loads away that have mycotoxin

Would nicarbazin cause this?

I posted another thread a week ago on what looked like a yolkless egg in the run. Back then i wasnt sure it was my favorite hen Ginger.
I bought cacium citrate with d3 pills and have been giving them to her daily. I checked on her tonight and right below her roost was another egg.
I know its hers this time.
Please guide me on my next steps with her.
She is the best pet I've ever had and ill do whatever i can to save her.
CONTEXT:
Her comb is very red/not pale, shes 1 1/2 yrs. Along with the medicine i have free choice oyster and an organic feed.
She also has a large mushy bump under her vent i circled a diagram to where it is.
Heres a front and back of the egg i found and diagram.

Attachments​

• 20230217_220027.jpg
    20230217_220027.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230217_220200.jpg
    20230217_220200.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 103_ChickenAnatomy_ButcheringPork-1024x995.jpeg
    103_ChickenAnatomy_ButcheringPork-1024x995.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 1
Posted from this thread:

HELP! BO with yolkless slimy egg!!​

Sorry I don't know how to link things better.

Last edited:
I'm going to go flush the blackwater tank of my RV, prune roses, throw a pickaxe at clay soils in hopes of planting something this year. Maybe clean some trash cans. Just finished replacing a faucet. NO LEAKS! (first try - that almost never happens)

All better uses of my time than feeding the trolls. I don't have the time or patience to teach high school level competency in math, science, chemistry, biology, economics. and history.

Nor am I convinced some have any interest in such things.

Would nicarbazin cause this?

I posted another thread a week ago on what looked like a yolkless egg in the run. Back then i wasnt sure it was my favorite hen Ginger.
I bought cacium citrate with d3 pills and have been giving them to her daily. I checked on her tonight and right below her roost was another egg.
I know its hers this time.
Please guide me on my next steps with her.
She is the best pet I've ever had and ill do whatever i can to save her.
CONTEXT:
Her comb is very red/not pale, shes 1 1/2 yrs. Along with the medicine i have free choice oyster and an organic feed.
She also has a large mushy bump under her vent i circled a diagram to where it is.
Heres a front and back of the egg i found and diagram.

Attachments​

• 20230217_220027.jpg
    20230217_220027.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230217_220200.jpg
    20230217_220200.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 103_ChickenAnatomy_ButcheringPork-1024x995.jpeg
    103_ChickenAnatomy_ButcheringPork-1024x995.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 1
Post this under its own in emergency threads.. i honestly dont know , it doesnt quite look like a lash egg but it kinda does

Back
Top Bottom