Cussed by Online toy store "service" worker *****rant******

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chickenmaven

Songster
10 Years
Feb 6, 2009
Michigan
I placed an order with an online outfit called Retro Toys. Yesterday, they sent me half my order. Charged me 100% of the shipping, did not give me an opportunity to change or cancel the order. I e-mailed them, explained it was unacceptable, that I would like them to complete the order with comparable items and waive a 2nd shipping charge. The e-mail I got back said, "You can go xxxx yourself."
tongue.gif

I am still shaking! OMG, I should be insulted like that over $20 worth of junk.
rant.gif

What should I do? I feel like asking my friends to go to their site & clog their e-mail or something. They are EVIL & should be shut down.

**From the rules:
1. Remember this is a family board no swearing / foul language and no inappropriate "Adult" topics.

This includes using symbols to get past the language filter.​
**​

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!! In writing!!! Print it out and then forward it to their owners!

Find the main address and ship it, but print it out first!!

Had an issue with one company and though I thought I had saved the e-mails, they had an erase virus on them and after 48 hours they vanished.

Did they really say that??????? omg! I would report to the bbb and see if you can send back the items via c.o.d. so they will have to pay shipping and then open a dispute with your credit card company. I'm sorry that happened.
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I needed ideas on next steps, because my reaction was just "whoa." That means no action = not good.

OMG that's awful!
tongue.gif
All the advice given was excellent, follow up and take action. That is simply NOT acceptable!! So sorry this happened to you.

Here is the latest e-mail from these clowns:

We have been in business for 20 years and our sales are up 300% year to
date.

We are (curseword removed) and proud of it. That is how me have managed to stay in
business so long. The brick and mortar mindset of the customer is always
right just doesn't work online.

Toy R US - Bankrupt
KB Toys - Bankrupt
eToys - Bankrupt
Amazon - Never posted a profit. Never made a dime. Has lost millions of
dollars for many years now.

Retro Toys - Profitable for over 20 years

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really hard to believe that ANY company out for profit would do such a thing. I'd bet that a disgruntled employee who was/is planning to quit did it for whatever reason. I'd give the business owners a chance to correct such a hideous offense to their customer.

If I'm wrong, you should call your and the company's state's Attorney General; there are laws against such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom