Cute pic of my Macey...

Wynette

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Sep 25, 2007
Michigan
Macey's the light of my life. She's had a rough month, having had three surgeries, one of which was touch and go for her (torsion). She's a Harlequin Great Dane, and she'll turn 10 in July, which is ancient for this breed (life expectancy is 7-8 years). This girl just touches my soul, each and every day.

We've been working on a shed-to-coop conversion, and I got this quick pic of Macey, who'd fallen asleep on the threshhold of the new coop. I thought it was a cute pic & just wanted to share:

Maceyasleepinshedcoop.jpg

Thanks, Ann! I'll tell her you said so! I hope she's with us another 10 years. I will be a basket case when I lose this girl!

Georgia, a merle is what we were after, actually! The gray coloring with the black splotches is just gorgeous in my opinion. Macey is from a really good show line, but has several faults, so we got her for the "pet price" which would have been the same if she'd been Merle. She has blue eyes (should be brown for showing - actually, one of her eyes is 3/4 blue and 1/4 brown), a spotted nose (should be solid black for showing), and a few large, gray patches (should be black patches). But, we love her just the same!

She is so pretty, I love great danes. I worked at an animal hospital for 3 years and one of my favorite patients was a dane, they are such sweet dogs. Glad you have had her so long.

Awe...thanks for all the nice comments, guys!
hugs.gif

Yup, 3 surgeries. She had a huge hematoma in her ear that wasn't going down, so that had to be repaired surgically...while being put under, we decided to have a rather large cyst removed (almost the size of a golf ball), so that was #1 and #2, then less than a week after that, she torsioned. Thank goodness for dog insurance, or we would not have been able to do the torsion surgery, which ended up costing $3,300.
ep.gif
It was a tough decision, though, due to her age. In the end, we decided that since she was overall healthy otherwise, we'd go ahead with it. I'm glad we did!

Back
Top Bottom