cutest chicken names!

Pics
We are about to get our first 6 chicks. I would love to do the old lady name theme, but I have a feeling my 6 year olds are going to insist on Disney Princess names :)
I'm sure yours isn't the only coop full of Disney-inspired princess names. Cute!

I didn't have to mine very deep in the family tree to come up with old names. Apparently it's a family tradition to keep renaming progeny after relatives which, fortunately, my folks decided to buck the trend. Otherwise I would've been saddled with any one of these names in any combination thereof:

Winnifred
Eleanor
Isadora
Rosalette
Fanny
Ethel
Maude
Edith
Mabel
Augusta

or -- if I had a brother -- Elwood.

I have five Barred Rock hens who are not always easy to tell apart so they have bracelets now. The kids named them.

Barbara (I can always tell who she is and this is my chicken that I named)

Belle

Zulu (my step son named her after the military alphabet)

Mrs. Peckers

Jessica (which is my daughter, Jessica's name, and she is old enough not to live with us and did not want to name her until she felt like she could get to know the chicken lol and we got tired of calling her "Jessica's chicken" so we just named her Jessica. She is the littlest hen out of the bunch just like my Jessica is the littlest daughter out of my bunch)

I have two more chicks coming one EE and OE. If they make it and are not roosters then I think I will have my son who does not live at home get the chance to name them.

Chickens are so much fun. You all have given me so many ideas for names for my new babies. I rescued a big RIR from an older Roo pecking the snott out of him. I have neighbors that get chickens but have no pen to keep them in. I penned this guy up, doctored him til well. Now I have a best bud. Follows me all over the place. Have to give him a cool name.

Jimmy roos like I said!
thumbsup.gif
or rooster cogbird. Brewster. nester, ernest,nestle, eggbert, for a girl pegg.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom