Brooster
Ollie
Elvis
Shorty
Big bird
Big girl
Chipmunk
Coal

This year I did a couple different themes! Here's some of my favorites from this year:

Silkies:
- Freedom
- Independence
- Liberty
- Justice (AKA Judy)
- Hope

- Richard the Lionhearted (AKA Richee, Little Richard, Richard-boy, and more)

Faverolles:
- John Adams
- Abigail Adams
- Betsy Ross

Hollands:
- Lafayette
- Columbas

Shannon Hale themed:
- Enna (I often call her En), any fans of The Goose Girl and the rest of the Books of Bayern? Her mate was Finn but he wasn't at all like the book character and I got rid of him.

- Anidori Kiladra Taliana Isily (again, you must read The Goose Girl!), who ended up being a boy with a crooked beak. But he was so beautifully golden-yellow that the name stuck! He found a good home.

- Miracle (AKA Miri, if you're a Princess Academy fan)
This little girl has an amazing story! She shouldn't even be alive! I found her in the incubator three full days after the others hatched. She had eggshells stuck to her and was tiny. About a third smaller than the others. She wouldn't eat or drink on her own. I almost culled her, but then she started drinking and eating on her own.
I kept her separate from the others her first couple weeks and we became friends. Eventually I integrated her with the others. By looking at her you might not see the size difference, but if you hold her you'll she that she's still small and scrawny and her eyes are a little bulgy.
But she is the sweetest of all my chickens and is so quirky! Always curious and adventurous, and she hangs around me in the coop.
I'm so glad she is here with me, she is my little Miracle!

Back
Top Bottom