Cutest poultry name contest

Help with the great name debate of 2021!!!!!

We are new to raising chicks but have 6 of the cutest fluff ball pullets ever. The wife had two names picked out long before (lil peep and nugget) and the toddler grandkid quickly picked two names (chirp and ummm). All the names I like are from movie lines and keep getting the disapproving looks.

So, is Dr Quinn an Medicine Woman (because if I wanted roosters I would have named them Walker and Texas Ranger) too terrible? Talladega Nights was not my first choice but gets the least resistance.

I wanted Animal House for the whole flock (bluto, boon, d-day, pinto, flounder, and of course stork) with the greek letters on the coop. Sheer genius with lasting humor that transcends generations. They would be the kind of chickens you could drink a beer with and make stories that will become legend.

Do I put my foot down and upset the grandkid and go with the Animal House theme or compromise?
Id do the animal house theme, thats just me though. :)

French Cuckoo Maran chicks- Cowboy, Crutchie, Saffron and Basil (Cowboy and Crutchie have stories behind they’re names, Crutchie had a seizure when she was little and now her leg sticks way out and she can’t move it, it’s paralyzed. Cowboy (my cockerel) attacked the bigger chicks to protect her, in the movie newsies the character Cowboy/Jack would protect Crutchie)

Cinnamon Queen Chicks-
Paprika and Cayenne.

Easter eggers-
White EE; Garlic, Black EE; Pepper/ Sgt. Pepper(Beatles song) Grey EE; Salt (Like Mrs salt, Mr pepper and Paprika from blues clues).

Black Star Hen-
Cinnamon.

Parakeet-
Gwin, From inkheart.

The pictures are just to show Crutchie and Cowboy

Attachments

• 6CC302FD-FAA5-46FE-B527-4C6BA1D2CB57.jpeg
    6CC302FD-FAA5-46FE-B527-4C6BA1D2CB57.jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 4
  • FC4C6BC3-C1B7-4760-8AEA-146308348139.jpeg
    FC4C6BC3-C1B7-4760-8AEA-146308348139.jpeg
    727.6 KB · Views: 2
French Cuckoo Maran chicks- Cowboy, Crutchie, Saffron and Basil (Cowboy and Crutchie have stories behind they’re names, Crutchie had a seizure when she was little and now her leg sticks way out and she can’t move it, it’s paralyzed. Cowboy (my cockerel) attacked the bigger chicks to protect her, in the movie newsies the character Cowboy/Jack would protect Crutchie)

Cinnamon Queen Chicks-
Paprika and Cayenne.

Easter eggers-
White EE; Garlic, Black EE; Pepper/ Sgt. Pepper(Beatles song) Grey EE; Salt (Like Mrs salt, Mr pepper and Paprika from blues clues).

Black Star Hen-
Cinnamon.

Parakeet-
Gwin, From inkheart.

The pictures are just to show Crutchie and Cowboy
Aww! So cute!

HIldy, Rosie, Pasty (had pasty butt a couple times and the name stuck, ha!), Fern, Mike (after husband’s aunt), Loretta, Amber and Stella.

Attachments

• E497F08B-6DEC-454D-878B-4B27CAE0071D.jpeg
    E497F08B-6DEC-454D-878B-4B27CAE0071D.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 275BB160-9070-4BD4-BA21-EE75496A02AD.jpeg
    275BB160-9070-4BD4-BA21-EE75496A02AD.jpeg
    574.4 KB · Views: 1
We have ...

Frick and Frack - I could tell the day we brought these 2 home that they’d be making me swear, lol. (and I was right!) I figured these were close enough to swear words!

Coop - named after our friend who works at TS and picked our chickies for us.

Sunny, Dip and Po - all named after egg dishes (SUNNY side up, DIPpy eggs, POached eggs)

Back
Top Bottom