Cuttnig out windows in siding

GOOD for you!!
thumbsup.gif

I think if we pay attention to our fatigue, we should be able to avoid slicing ourselves up--agreed?
big_smile.png

Where are you girls from!

A new hair do, some good smelling perfume and in a couple of days you could have that whole coop remodeled!

The jigs saw will work fine!

My best,

Jimmy

You go girl!!! I wish I had a jig saw or recipricating saw.

I only have a circular saw that scares the heck out of me. I worked in an ER in Colorado when a guy came in with a nasty 15" cut down his right thigh from his saw. From then on, I stand to the left of the saw in case I drop it or it kicks back.

I used it to cut my pop door in plywood and just used this weekend to build my new ducks night time shelter. See here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=389442

I
think it's great that all these ladys are able to build their own structures. People at work think I'm weird.

I used my circular saw on my pop door and was scared to death the whole time. It didn't help that I didn't have googles and had to squinch my eyes almost shut so I wouldn't be blinded by flying sawdust! So I am practically sawing with my eyes shut! It is a miracle I didn't cut something off...but I got 'er done! I have a few more gray hairs, but what the heck? My chickens have a door!

I'm glad you went the route with the jigsaw. If you're not comfortable with power tools this was a safe way to go. I am very comfortable with power tools, but the first time I did a plunge cut with a circular saw was nerve-wracking!
ep.gif

No matter what your level of experience, always use proper safety techniques - eye and ear protection! Better to be safe than to end up in the E.R.
wink.png

Well, I do use eye protection but I was a teenager in the late 80s and my generation invented the obnoxious stereo system in our cars, so whatever hearing I have left is a miracle!

I am pretty comfy with power tools once I get the hang of them. I just think the jig saw is perfect for all these little last-minute projects I am doing to get this darned coop done already!

Today, I finished framing the windows, inside and outside, did the exterior trim along the edges and trimmed the door. All that's left is laying down the roof, painting inside and laying down some linoleum. I will post pics here on Sunday!

Isn't it a great feeling to get things accomplished!!! I need to finish painting in my coop, buy a few necessities, add roosting and nesting boxes and hopefully Monday we can get our chickens.

Keep up the good work. My husband has been doing the building for me and I am so Thankful!!! I get to take care of the kids and the house while he builds MY coop
smile.png
Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Quote:
Oh, you got that right! I had asked the guy that recognizes me everything I come in to the "Commercial" side of Lowe's how to do that with a circular saw, and his eyes got big, but he described it. Then I went on the 'Net to DIY.net and some other sites to double check little videos of how to do it. But it was still scary.

I don't ever want to have to do one on a vertical surface again, though. Hopefully I will plan ahead enough to avoid THAT experience.

The Commercial guy at Lowe's knows I carry photos of my chicken coops in my cell phone and always asks to see the last project, even as he asks "Whatcha building now??"

One day, he sent an "associate" out to my car as I was leaving, with the gift of a Lowe's t-shirt. I like to wear it - under my long denim overall skirt! - when I'm using my power tools.

Back
Top Bottom