Cyprus' 2019 Hatching Thread

Pics
Welcome to my hatching thread :) :woot

I am jumping into my first year of hatching D'Uccle bantams on a larger scale and I'm excited. This thread will document however many hatches I get in by the end of July. Not all chicks will be kept, expect that.

This post is going to be a little dishevelled, I know :oops:

My clutches of this year are being set in a new Farm Innovator Model 4250 that I accidentally bought (whoops). So now I have an incubator :wee

Currently, I am incubating 24 eggs. 4 Mille Fleur D'Uccle eggs from my own pair and 20 Porcelain D'Uccle eggs won in auction from @TJChickens

I am on day 2 today.

View attachment 1745393

During this time, I will be collecting eggs from my only D'Uccle female since I'm limited in breeders and want to set asap after these hatch (if they do).
I adore D’Uccles!!! I had such fun hatching them, I found they were tough little guys, withstanding my crappy first little incubator and hatching without any problems. Definitely going to try again with these, after such a great experience. When my porcelain D’Uccle came, He was a little soft in the abdomen, so I kept him in the shell while his yolk closed. Somehow, he shifted his legs and got it on an awkward position for too long, and could not walk. I taped and splinted for a few days, came up with a ridiculous contraption involving a tiny grocery cart but after a little while, he fully recovered and is now a beautiful and boisterous adult.

My first porcelain d’uccle just hatched! :wee
29926067-83E9-4879-BFD2-A52DE6AA4918.png

Back
Top Bottom