Timmee81

Chirping
Jan 10, 2018
South Australia
DA7BA396-6C09-4BB3-BDFA-0804FEF7835A.jpeg
DA7BA396-6C09-4BB3-BDFA-0804FEF7835A.jpeg
A710543B-6E03-4720-AC50-3775F29E4286.jpeg
7D93BBF4-B691-45C2-B3DD-8D99E4B04BBA.jpeg
Getting lots of mixed feed back about my Belgium D’uccles sex. Anyone keen to assist with answer that knows the breed well and how they develop?

Awesome. Thanks. Can you confirm that duccles don’t have an overly loud crow also? I’d love to keep him but if he’s too loud I’ll be made to rehome him. Have heard compared to say Rhode Island’s and other large breeds they’re a lot quieter and barely noticeable

I only kept my cockerel for a little while after he started crowing because I ended up with 10 bantam cockerels last year. But the pitch of the crow was much higher than my large fowl roosters.

Ok cool. thanks again. I had gotten 3 babies originally (2 Australorp, 1 isa) and 2 were cockerels so traded them for two younger babies (Belgium D’uccle and Japanese Bantam). Then I got two point of lays recently after it looking like the D’uccle was at least a cockerel. The Japanese and Australorp from original three are pullers so I can handle that I guess. Hopefully never have to rehome my boy though, he’s such a character. Both him and the Japanese have taken to roosting on my solar light (stake type) cheeky little monsters

I kept a D’Uccle cockerel last year for beauty and personality, but it had the most obnoxious crow I’ve ever heard so it was rehomed. You may want to invest in a no crow collar if you plan on keeping a quiet yard. :lol:

Never seen a pure black one before either, thought it was a cute Cochin at first.

d'Uccles are very loud and high pitched. And they are very noisy birds even the hens. I use to raise Millie Fleur and Porcelain d'Uccles. I had to sell them, the noise never stopped.

Back
Top Bottom