D-Day in more ways than one

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Fuzzy_Hat_Farm, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Fuzzy_Hat_Farm

Fuzzy_Hat_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Maryland
    I know Memorial Day just past, but let's not forget today is D-Day! [​IMG] Thanks to all those brave souls!!! [​IMG]

On another note.....We are having our own war with Mr. Fox [​IMG] This past week Mr. Fox stole 6 of my hens now Goldie is doing her effort to restock the flock! Goldie refused to get off the nest one day so I just stuck 11 eggs under her. Well every time she got off the nest another hen would add to her collection until I found she had 17 under her, so we moved her and her nest into the growing coop where I knew that no more eggs would be added. Today is D-day they hatch!

This morning with more to come! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bantyhen'sfriend

bantyhen'sfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2009
    Southern Wisconsin
    Dawww, what a good looking mama! The tiny lil' fuzzbutts are adorable. What breed is she?

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Love your pictures. [​IMG] Sorry about your loss to the fox. Good luck with the rest of the hatch!

4. Fuzzy_Hat_Farm

Fuzzy_Hat_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Maryland
    She's a "Black star" ......um, looks more like a gold star to me....at least she's earned one! [​IMG]

I just checked up on her and so far we've got two yellow, three striped, and one black. There are ten more eggs under her, but I'm pretty sure that a couple of them aren't fertile.

5. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by