Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

I didn't even know Ancona was a color of call ducks :)  2 and 3 are lighter than the two I think are mallards that have really black patches in the same place.  

The paler yellow one has no eye stripes and is by far the smallest of the lot.  It doesn't stop her bossing around her sisters and brothers though LOL.  I was thinking maybe buff or apricot seeing they are both light colors, although to be fair I'm not sure either starts as a yellowish duckling. 

The parents wont help much because I have a mixed flock

I'll grab some better pictures of the dark ones and the pale yellow one in the morning they are all tucked under their mother hen at the moment.

don't we all love my photobombing australorp.

Sorry I meant magpie in stead of ancona!

Yes we love her!!

so these are my newly hatched call babies. They hatched under a silkie so they may grow up short on duck sense.

I'd love to hear if anyone has ideas of colors on some of them. The bright yellow I figure is a white but that's pretty much all I'm sure of LOL.

The yellow should be whites, yes. Though in the bottom pic, it looks like one white (bright yellow) and 1 apricot or possibly snowy (these are usually light colored as ducklings, but not as yellow and with a bit of a grayish undertone).
Second pic looks like a blue fawn. It will likely feather out like a mallard, but blue fawn instead of gray.
The others look to be gray, possibly pied. There's a lot of white which suggests pied

so these are my newly hatched call babies. They hatched under a silkie so they may grow up short on duck sense.

I'd love to hear if anyone has ideas of colors on some of them. The bright yellow I figure is a white but that's pretty much all I'm sure of LOL.

HNNNNGGG this one has such a tiny bill! I'm so jealous!! Where did these calls come from? I need a tiny one to go with Wobs, 'cuz he kinda flips out and is terrified of larger ducks. ><;;

I've been buying ducks with features I like ie small size tiny bill ect. My white duck was grand champion at the local state show and I got her for a song. Its possible that she's the mother of this particular duckling. I bought the drakes with the biggest heads and smallest bills even though their coloring wasn't my favorite (I love the silver appleyards best) I figured best way to go about things was to ignore colors until we managed a more typey body size.

1 and 3 are the same duckling just from different angles 2 is the darkest of the lot

Ducklings first swimming lessons. I suspect time will tell on the pale yellow duckling

Back
Top Bottom