Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Yes that's right.

@RavynFallen
 that last drake in your pics actually looks like a light blue with heavy rusting :) Very pretty!

Yay
1f60a.png

Yes that's right.

@RavynFallen
 that last drake in your pics actually looks like a light blue with heavy rusting :) Very pretty!

Might be... I have varying rusting in both silvers and blues... besides all the shades of light to dark in both colors, lol... still working on these...

You should get approx 50% silvers and 50% blues from your pair... beautiful pair, btw... :)

These are both silvers also. Drake in the back is a solid silver. Hen is a bibbed silver. I also have silver ancona patterned calls (don't have any pics of them but can get some) that are much much more lightly marked. I would say yours definitely has that pied/magpie gene since she doesn't express much color
Your bibbed silver hen is very pretty :)

Might be... I have varying rusting in both silvers and blues... besides all the shades of light to dark in both colors, lol... still working on these...
You should get approx 50% silvers and 50% blues from your pair... beautiful pair, btw... :)

1f60a.png
Thank you I just got them in dec your birds are pretty too, I just noticed you said that about the 50/50 earlier, guess I over look it some how, lol

1f60a.png
Thank you I just got them in dec your birds are pretty too, I just noticed you said that about the 50/50 earlier, guess I over look it some how, lol

It's ok, I had a lot of pics in there too, lol... thank you... I'm still working on most of mine, but I have many colors... this year I am culling down to the best to continue with, but I adore the silvers... they're the sweetest next to the Snowys...

Congrats on a great pair! So, you're going to incubate then?

It's ok, I had a lot of pics in there too, lol... thank you... I'm still working on most of mine, but I have many colors... this year I am culling down to the best to continue with, but I adore the silvers... they're the sweetest next to the Snowys...

Congrats on a great pair! So, you're going to incubate then?

No sure yet, I don't have much experience with ducks just starting out but I'm kind of likening them better than my chickens thinking of switching over to mostly call ducks and maybe a few chicken hens. I have read that it can be difficult to hatch calls though so that is why I'm unsure but they lay bigger eggs than my bantam chickens.

No sure yet, I don't have much experience with ducks just starting out but I'm kind of likening them better than my chickens thinking of switching over to mostly call ducks and maybe a few chicken hens. I have read that it can be difficult to hatch calls though so that is why I'm unsure but they lay bigger eggs than my bantam chickens.

They *can be* difficult to hatch, but lots of help available here... I hatch them frequently without issues, but lately my girls have been doing all the work, lol! :D

They definitely are more sociable and entertaining than chickens for sure... I've gotten way more attached to my Calls than any of my chickens...

In another thread, someone said calls are skittish. Is that true? Cuz three of my four weren't. Only Bean is, bless her poor, neurotic little head. Am I just lucky to have non skittish ducks?

Back
Top Bottom