Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

So i know what pet and show quality look like, what is considered breeder quality? Good genes but not quite sq??

Yes I think so. And there are good breeders that can produce SQ offspring, but maybe not all offspring will be SQ.
I also think it gets used for birds that are high quality, but just aren’t shown, so saying show quality seems like a bit much?
That’s my impression anyway.

Thanks! I might not be able to get them because of my run size so I am having to look at the different breeds that I want(all of them) and figure out which will be better for me and my flock.

I know wishing is for kids but I have to say....when I wish I wish for 1,000 to extend my run and get all the kinds of ducks that I want to fill it up!

Wishing is for kids??!?!! Oh no, say it ain’t so! :hit

:gig

Hi I'm new to call ducks I have only had large ducks till my daughter came home with some calls in a box that someone was getting rid of so she rescued them but I'm not sure what colours they are could anyone help if I post pictures please because they are so cute I would love to pair them up to breed from them if possible.

IMAG2515.jpg
View attachment 1565644 View attachment 1565644

Wow, you scored! Look at all those little ducks. Okay, let me take a crack at colors. First picture is a grey drake. Second looks like two black 'magpies' top, though their markings aren't quite right, and a blue magpie bottom. Next is a gray pied. After that is an ancona, maybe chocolate in color, can't quite tell from this picture, but I think I see dark brown tones. Next is a blue fawn. And that's it for the boys.

Next the girls, again starting from the first picture. First is a blue ancona, I believe. Next is a blue fawn, and I think she's also dusky because I don't see eyestripes, so dusky blue fawn. I think the next picture is her too? Following her is a chocolate magpie, again with imperfect markings. Next looks like silver bibbed. After that is a snowy, and I think actually a blue snowy. Next appears to be pied, and light phase of some kind. Maybe pied appleyard? Or might just be pied light phase. And finally is a blue snowy.

Wow, you scored! Look at all those little ducks. Okay, let me take a crack at colors. First picture is a grey drake. Second looks like two black 'magpies' top, though their markings aren't quite right, and a blue magpie bottom. Next is a gray pied. After that is an ancona, maybe chocolate in color, can't quite tell from this picture, but I think I see dark brown tones. Next is a blue fawn. And that's it for the boys.

Next the girls, again starting from the first picture. First is a blue ancona, I believe. Next is a blue fawn, and I think she's also dusky because I don't see eyestripes, so dusky blue fawn. I think the next picture is her too? Following her is a chocolate magpie, again with imperfect markings. Next looks like silver bibbed. After that is a snowy, and I think actually a blue snowy. Next appears to be pied, and light phase of some kind. Maybe pied appleyard? Or might just be pied light phase. And finally is a blue snowy.

I think the last drake is pastel.

Back
Top Bottom