Daily Digest for The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
My Coop

C:\Users\RONO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Welcome to the 5th Annual Easter Hatch a Long Daily Digest!
2-28-2014 Issue

@sallysunshine Started the day with a Quiz. It was too early for stuff like that so I had a headache…See post 461

There is a list of members in the first post of the hatch a long thread Click for first page

I was the subject of a search. It was a where’s ronott1 game. They found me in the Old Folks Home. I escaped and am here now. Keep an eye out for my handlers…..
whistle.gif

What do Baby Emu’s eat? What do neighbors think of them? Oz said Koalas? Happy chooks said Emu Starter….
Post 490 has an Emu Egg picture! Emu Eggs are pretty but large!
th.gif

Candling pictures on post 495 and 501.
grinning-smiley-003.gif

Mitch joined the Hatch a Long! Krazy Kritters too! Then BriannaWV! Arielle is back hatching with us! BridgetBarger joined the fun!
smilies-3435.png

Jason has chicks locked down in His R-com bator
fl.gif

Flowers of Abba posted about how expensive it is to own a dog. The dog is worth a lot more than a chicken though. Post 508.
thumbsup.gif

Abmaddox1981 has created a Monster convinced her husband to join BYC. They may need to get more land for all of the Poultry they will have. Since poultry is a Gateway addiction for other animals, I am sure they will have an entire petting zoo soon….

Chicken pickin is very cold….Post 513
smiley1280.gif

thaiDye is 15 pages behind! This Digest should help…..
grinning-smiley-003.gif

michaelf popped in to talk about the weather. Happy to be living in the South but has a problem with the Polar Vortex which might be part of a Polar shift.
smiley5166.gif

Gardeningmama wished us a Good Morning. Then she quoted a song and made it her own Dog! Me: I really can’t stay. Bed: but baby, it’s cold outside.

Uphilljill is cold too -5. Rbaker0345 was cold to—at 40degrees! I get cold at 40 degrees too….
smiley1280.gif

Abmaddox1981 is going to hatch Geese! Jesshan8 posted Goose hatching tips: 99.5 deg, 60 to 70% humidity to day 31 or32. Drop temp to 98.5 and raise humidity to 85%. Open up the incubator for a half hour each day and mist them to day 31 or 32. Easy Pease!

Jbenson is finishing up test hatching and will be prepping the Bator for next week’s hatch. No unplugged bators will be tolerated!
ya.gif

MontanaDolphin wants to know how to manage all of these chickens being hatched—how to combine them and manage them? SilkieSensation said coop lockdown for a few days.
chicNlove wanted to know what to do with all the chickens too! Sell them? Some hoard lovingly keep all of them.

SS posted a hatching video in post 556.

Daphneysmamma had her kids builk her a bator! It is quite spiffy looking. Post 559.
grinning-smiley-003.gif

Arielle needs white eggs in her egg basket! The search is on for a new white gene Rooster! Chicken pickin says Doms are in New Hampshire.

Jorey has silikies laying egg so of course they are going into the bator!
yesss.gif

TeaChick is scared of 99 posts. Working on a research paper is more important than reading the thread.
sign0092.gif

Last edited:
Ron, you Rock! Outstanding! Thank you for all the effort you put into the digest, it makes life much easier for the times we are not able to keep up with such a busy thread but want to know the highlights.

Back
Top Bottom