Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

My rouen has laid an egg a day for 2 weeks and a mix duck I have has laid everyday for about 10 days. is it normal for them to lay everyday? will it slow down as the eventually?
Yes they lay everyday then takes breaks so their body can rejuvenate then they start again. make sure they have plenty of oyster shell to keep their calcium up it takes alot to lay and egg.

@kaessa Since you are coming out of an egg drought, you can put the eggs in a basin of water. If it sinks it is fresh. If it sinks but is up-ended it grocery store fresh. If it floats... :sick toss it.

Luckily we have turtles but no snapping! Been here about a year and half with good luck. Still can never be too careful. We keep a very close eye on all our babies. Also luckily, most creatures can get through the fence. Had to help a turtle not long ago. He couldn't get anywhere and was just walking the fence line in the horse pasture. Lol!
2764.png
That's sweet, I love turtles just not real fond of snappers. I need a bumper sticker that says I stop for turtles
smile.png

They sure are.
big_smile.png
Though I'm slightly worried about my drake, he had frost bite on the tip of his caruncle.
I am spreading Vaseline all over my drakes fleshy carnuckle, My youngest had frost bite from the last frigid weather and it is looking almost healed. I don't want him to get it again.we have 0 for next week
roll.png

I am spreading Vaseline all over my drakes fleshy carnuckle, My youngest had frost bite from the last frigid weather and it is looking almost healed. I don't want him to get it again.we have 0 for next week
roll.png
I got my drake as a mature bird with obvious frostbite injury to his caruncle. He decided on his own that he never wants a repeat of that event, so whenever the temperature dips into the single digits and below, he is conspicuously absent from the yard. It is the only time he uses the run in shed. He will come out when I put out fresh buckets of hot water and will soak his head for a few minutes, then heads back out of the elements. Even the geese, who have been eyeing the back of the shed as a nest site can't get him to vacate! He's a smart boy!

Back
Top Bottom