Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

My rouen has laid an egg a day for 2 weeks and a mix duck I have has laid everyday for about 10 days. is it normal for them to lay everyday? will it slow down as the eventually?
Yes they lay everyday then takes breaks so their body can rejuvenate then they start again. make sure they have plenty of oyster shell to keep their calcium up it takes alot to lay and egg.

My rouen has laid an egg a day for 2 weeks and a mix duck I have has laid everyday for about 10 days. is it normal for them to lay everyday? will it slow down as the eventually?

I have a mallard that has been laying an egg a day, every day, since the end of January. I'm guessing it will slow down eventually, but she shows no signs of stopping. My other mallard is not quite keeping up, but she's trying.

I finally got 3 duck eggs yesterday so I have one brooding on 2 fake goose eggs and 3 laying maybe 4 by today so that leaves 3 left and one is going on 11 yrs so don't expect much out of her.
smile.png
The season is upon us..

And Happy National Poultry Day that is today too.

Congrats on the eggs! Mine laid for about 3 weeks and then took a day off and is back to laying everyday. I could tell it was coming because she started to lay later and later till she laid one around 6pm. The next day she skipped.

13 eggs from 14 Cayugas this morning. All is right with the world!
celebrate.gif
I'm so jealous!

First Pekin egg today!!! Well, technically, a moulard, but in full pekin style, it was out in the mud by their pool... The young Khaki took yesterday off and is back to producing, (and using the nest boxes like a proper lady) leaving the older khakis, the rest of the pekins and the scovies to jump onto the egg laying bandwagon! Mama Saxony, having claimed a nest box, was preparing for her second clutch when she started getting harassed out on the yard, so she is back inside where it is quiet...

Back
Top Bottom