Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

I have been getting call ducks for about a month now!! Have collected about 35 eggs!!!
Wow that's alot of eggs do you eat them. I bet they are cute actually I don't think I've ever seen a call duck egg.I have a bantam game hen who lays a small creamy colored egg.

Have no Muscovy's ever who have laid a double yolker which I am thankful for because it's hard enough to pass the normal ones, i do have a couple EE's that every once in a while lay a double yolker.

To have ducks that lay different colored eggs is really cool I get blue from my EE's and then the rest are beige other than my geese who lay white not a gold egg in the bunch either.

The real surprise is Snow. Everything I have read says Pekins are super meat birds, but so-so layers. She put out an egg every day right through the winter. It was always 1 Snow Egg and 1 or 2 other random eggs. I can only identify 3 eggs from my flock Snow: 100g and larger pure white (She calmed down to "normal" big single yolk eggs, for a while she was laying HUGE double yolkers). Tella & Ettie (Rouens) 90-99g light salmon colored. Everyone else 62-86g white, green or salmon colored. Snow is a determined, opinionated and vocal girl! (She never quacks, but she mutters and honks ALL the time.)
You should take a pic when you have gathered the different colors I'd like to see them. I wonder if Snow has a little goose in her since she honks some lol
wink.png

My adults (Khaki's and Blue Swedish) have stopped laying alltogether for some reason. They were laying an egg a day for several months. The Cayugas though are laying 10-12 eggs daily, mostly overnight, from the 14 females. I am tempted to incubate some of them as they have been mating pretty regularly. I just don't know if I am ready for a bunch of ducklings since my geese seem to be nesting now and I am pretty focused on them.

My adults (Khaki's and Blue Swedish) have stopped laying alltogether for some reason. They were laying an egg a day for several months. The Cayugas though are laying 10-12 eggs daily, mostly overnight, from the 14 females. I am tempted to incubate some of them as they have been mating pretty regularly. I just don't know if I am ready for a bunch of ducklings since my geese seem to be nesting now and I am pretty focused on them.
Then don't you diff don't want to be over whelmed since you never know if for some unknown reason you have to bring goslings inside. Hopefully not.

Wow that's alot of eggs do you eat them. I bet they are cute actually I don't think I've ever seen a call duck egg.I have a bantam game hen who lays a small creamy colored egg.

Have no Muscovy's ever who have laid a double yolker which I am thankful for because it's hard enough to pass the normal ones, i do have a couple EE's that every once in a while lay a double yolker.

To have ducks that lay different colored eggs is really cool I get blue from my EE's and then the rest are beige other than my geese who lay white not a gold egg in the bunch either.
Only ever ate two. Rest I try to hatch

Well how's that going you must have alot of call ducks! lol
Well call ducks are sooo hard to hatch and with my bad incubator I didnt get any to hatch. Gave about 10 to a school teacher. Will see if he hatched those. He really is being irresponsible with them and doesnt care about humidity, temp, etc. So I think I am going to have to take the eggs back if he doesnt get his game together.

Back
Top Bottom