Chicken Photos Thread

Pics
I forgot.... I got a 84 gram egg a few days ago!!!!!
Wow! I've gotten some like that from my Welsummer, and even huger ones from my ducks. Those jumbo eggs look like they would hurt coming out.
tongue.png

-Alex

I forgot to look for the chicken with a migrane..... :lol:
The biggest egg I ever got was either 90 or 100 grams, I forget which, but itt was from my older hens, not my pullets!!

Yep! I really love my bantams, they have such big personallities in a small, cute package that is 10X easier to dust for lice! :lol:

Yep! I really love my bantams, they have such big personallities in a small, cute package that is 10X easier to dust for lice!
lol.png
My mom and I are contemplating converting our gazebo into a chicken coop that we could possibly fill with bantams. Those tiny little things could never make it with our aggressive large fowl. Yep, even Alex. She beat up T.Roo single-handed the other day when he grabbed on to her and rolled her off her feet. I had a full-blown chicken brawl in my yard that ended with the overzealous roo retreating in terror from a hen 1/3 his size. But that wasn't enough victory to satisfy my spunky girl. She ran after T.Roo, seized his long tail, and tried to drag him across the enclosure. Then the next day, three hens, Marseilles, Ava, and Eve (BCM and two EEs) all ganged up on that poor boy and began to rip and pull and jump on him and kick his butt.
lau.gif

-Alex

Back
Top Bottom