Daily turkey poop amount and how loud are turkeys?

1629741681610.png

Columbiformes - Pigeons/Doves
Psittaciformes - Parrots
Apodiformes - Swifts/Hummingbirds
Coliiformes - Mousebirds
Coraciiformes - kingfishers, the bee-eaters, the rollers, the motmots, and the todies
Piciformes - Woodpeckers

So unfortunately, besides pigeons which are generally classified as livestock, most poultry birds appear to have caecal pouches of some sort. If I'm reading the chart right, anyway.

"Anseriformes" are Ducks, Geese and Swans
"Galliformes" are Chickens, Turkeys, Guineas, Pheasants, Quails, Peacocks, etc.

Last edited:
I have never had a turkey as a pet before. I am tempted by the YouTube videos and Facebook postings of people having turkeys as lap pets. I am considering all the negative aspects of raising a turkey as a pet and I cannot find information about how much poop does one turkey (all breeds) produce in a day and how loud are male/female turkeys are when compared to chicken roosters? If a goose can poop an average of two pounds a day, how much poop does a turkey produce in a day? And do turkeys produce cecal poops like chickens?

I have a backyard by the way, and I currently breed cockatiels, budgies, red rump parakeets, and recently acquired young pheasants.
I have 6 Bronze turkeys. 2 males 4 females. They all are lap turkeys. They are pets just like my chickens and ducks. I have one female that just loves to cuddle more that any of the others. She will sit with me for long periods of time. Even one of my boys will do this but not as long as the female. It's a great experience. They talk and talk and talk and they really let me know how much they like sitting on my lap and being touched. They are more cuddly then the chickens have ever been. Turkeys 💩 reminds me of cow 💩 not as big but just as much. They definitely are big poopers. My turkeys don't make anymore noise then my chickens and I have 2 roosters that never shut up.

Here is a fresh turkey poo pic for you. Used my hand to help you see the size. I have small hands.
Just imagine that is one poo from one full grown turkey. Turkeys poop just as much a chickens. Just bigger. That's a good sold poo. Some times it's like a small cow took a poo on my deck. Lol
20210825_112459.jpg

I washed my hand afterwards. 😊

Here is a fresh turkey poo pic for you. Used my hand to help you see the size. I have small hands.
Just imagine that is one poo from one full grown turkey. Turkeys poop just as much a chickens. Just bigger. That's a good sold poo. Some times it's like a small cow took a poo on my deck. Lol
20210825_112459.jpg
Show a picture of a cecal poop too!

View attachment 2810957
I washed my hand afterwards. 😊
Thanks!

It's not so much about how much they poop, it's where they poop. and that is anywhere, and everywhere. They poop many times a day, and through out the night. They don't care if you are holding them, and anything else. They WILL poop on you, in your house, on your furniture, table, they could care less.

Back
Top Bottom