Dana's girls' retirement home

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by welasharon, Jul 10, 2011.

1. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Dana we have the girls' retirement home ready! Will work on the coop this week.
    this is her view from the back door
    [​IMG]
    and this is the pen
    [​IMG]
    sharon

2. Dana

Dana Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Wow, it looks great! Your property is beautiful, and I think they're going to love it there. I feel so lucky to have found someone as generous as you and your mom; you've taken a lot of the worry and stress out of rehoming my hens, thank you!

3. welasharon

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Thanks! My mom is excited about them coming. I will post pics of the coop later. I have to build me a pen for my o shamo this week too. They should enjoy it here. My mom is home all the time.
    sharon

4. MamaHynne

MamaHynne Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Green Cove Springs
    [​IMG] way cool!

5. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

How exciting........I am so glad that Dana's girls will be retiring to weather they enjoy [​IMG]

6. welasharon

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    [​IMG]
    Dana, here is finally an update. Therese has moulted like mad! I was going to say my mom has them spoiled but I think it is more a case of them training her properly! I went by this afternoon and Therese was inside. She is quick to slip in when mom has the door cracked for the cats. Here she is feeding them treats. The roam the yard constantly and have settled in just fine. When mom calls them Elwing talks all the way to her. I want to thank you for letting us take them...my mom has throughly enjoyed them.
    sharon

7. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

That is a beautiful picture.

Your mother looks so very happy.

[​IMG]

8. welasharon

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Thank you so much. She's 87 and still lives on her own. She wouldn't let me get her any chickens till I told her about Dana's chickens needing to move to Florida. She is really enjoying them.
    sharon

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats so wonderful. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I love this - thank you so much for sharing it on BYC for us all to enjoy!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by