Dana's girls' retirement home

welasharon

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 28, 2010
North Florida
Dana we have the girls' retirement home ready! Will work on the coop this week.
this is her view from the back door
61761_img_9440c.jpg

and this is the pen
61761_img_9441c.jpg

sharon

Wow, it looks great! Your property is beautiful, and I think they're going to love it there. I feel so lucky to have found someone as generous as you and your mom; you've taken a lot of the worry and stress out of rehoming my hens, thank you!

Thanks! My mom is excited about them coming. I will post pics of the coop later. I have to build me a pen for my o shamo this week too. They should enjoy it here. My mom is home all the time.
sharon

61761_img_3629.jpg

Dana, here is finally an update. Therese has moulted like mad! I was going to say my mom has them spoiled but I think it is more a case of them training her properly! I went by this afternoon and Therese was inside. She is quick to slip in when mom has the door cracked for the cats. Here she is feeding them treats. The roam the yard constantly and have settled in just fine. When mom calls them Elwing talks all the way to her. I want to thank you for letting us take them...my mom has throughly enjoyed them.
sharon

Thank you so much. She's 87 and still lives on her own. She wouldn't let me get her any chickens till I told her about Dana's chickens needing to move to Florida. She is really enjoying them.
sharon

Back
Top Bottom