DANDER with Indoor Quail keeping!!

Here is a maybe ,had you considered air exchange ,quality. The most sophisticated is a hepa filter system , simplest is a filter and air exchange. Obviously the quail need air, they need ventilation as well.They need a volume of clean air entering and the problem is what exits.ie dust dander. If you put a simple furnace filter on the exit you could qualify a zero particle exhaust. You can get various grades of filters. A filter will stop down air exchange so you would need to possitively pressure the air to overcome the obstruction of the filter ie small fan ( computer fan ) . With a little trial and error or with calculations and a manometer you could have clean air for the birds and dander free in your house. You would have to monitor and maintain the filter but these are cheep (pun intended). I assume by the look that they are in a totally or semi enclosed condition. For a filter system you would need total enclosure. All this assumes your electricity never fails.

Try using a box fan with a furnace filter covering the intake side. It will help.

I have 10 quail hens that live in my garage.

I noticed that when I leave the sand box in the cage all the time, it seems to cut down a lot on the dust.

I had to make some special little boxes to keep the sand in the box and not all over the place. I took some plastic boxes and made a hole in one side big enough for them to walk through and that has helped a lot! They love the new sand boxes so much that the girls that are laying eggs always lay in the sand box...lol

Using Sweet PDZ in my poo pans has made it where there is absolutely no smell in the garage. That stuff is worth it's weight in GOLD!

7EE85DF2-70AC-4CA4-9D32-440DCC693C8D.jpeg
Many complicate it more then it should .i keep six quail indoors in rabbit cages .clean regularly and don’t have issues at all with dander .ita also helped with the aroma .but a pull out traysand wire floors so they won’t kick up the shaving dust/poop comes to help and keeps eggs clean

Last edited:
I have built-in Rubbermades with a heavy, moist dirt inside that doesn't kick up much dust. The birds love it too. You only need to skim the top to get their poop out every few days.

Back
Top Bottom