Danny Boy, is What Bantam Breed ?

Looks too big to have either Japanese or Serama in him. The feathered legs and heftier build suggest bantam Cochin. The way he holds his wings and tail suggest Old English Game bantam.

Agree on the Cochin part! :) And after looking at the other pics you posted, I would agree that he probably doesn't have any Serema in him since he does look pretty large!

Quote:
Danny's Not Tiny, or small in build, seems like a standard Handsome Banty Mix.. I see your Point now junebuggena : TOO big for Japanese or Serama. bummer

henny1129 : an Cochin ? aren't those tail less ? an old English Game. I've no ideas on what those look like. all legs I'm thinking.

Last edited:
Danny's  Not Tiny, or small in build, seems like a standard Handsome Banty Mix..  I see your Point now junebuggena : TOO big for Japanese or Serama. bummer

henny1129 : an Cochin ? aren't those tail less ?  an old English Game. I've no ideas on what those look like. all legs I'm thinking.

Cochins definitely have tails. :) But they are pretty fluffy birds and their tails do look pretty small sometimes. Here's a pics of a Cochin:

And here's what an Old English Game looks like:

You're aren't seeing the same exact build of a Cochin because he isn't pure Cochin. He's got a lighter built breed mixed in. Brahmas have feathered legs, but their pea comb is dominant and would express. D'Uccle and Faverolle have feathered legs and single combs, but they both have muffs and white skin as dominant features. Silkies and Sultans have feathered legs, but they both have crests which is a dominant feature. Marans have feathered legs, but their dominant white skin would also get passed on.
Cochin is the most likely breed that contributed the feathered legs of your rooster.

Back
Top Bottom