d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

yep, keep an eye on them and let's see what else comes out.

Didnt really look at the shape til you said something, it is a round little bugger aint it! But looks to have a fat beard on it.

will be interesting to see what it ends up being and if it's a one timer.

I know Tom had been crossing milles and porcelains a year or two back, was trying to improve his porcelain line.

But it should still have the columbian pattern even if it's a lavender split mille??

It does have a fat beard.

jj

fat all the way around JJ...I swear that things got to be white when it grows up though??? Killin me on it??

Do,
I can help a little, not sure what all crosses you have going but will try

The palest one, looks to be a dun, maybe a blue cant tell in the light in the pic. It also looks cuckoo with the white patch on the head.

The black with all the white is a mottled chick pattern, but it too has a cuckoo white head dot...barred mottled?? Problem with that is motling is recessive so both parents whould have had to carry it. It does have the correct leg pattern though for both, you can see the blacker spots in the pale leg right from the get go.

The 2 black ones are just that, black, could have come from any kind of cross. Lavender to any other color will give blacks, as does whites to a color.

The other has a columbian or bb red pattern, but quail cheeks. Too dark to be a true bb red, but correct pattern.. will just have to wait and see on him, should be based in that duckwing or columbian pattern though.

Keep posting on them as they get older. Once a few feathers start to come in, it'll help narrow the questionable ones down a bit

I went to go collect the eggs from the "big girls" this morning and when I peeked in on Amelia Egghart and Gazpacho I found a small white egg in their nest box!!! Amelia had been acting a little funny for the last couple of days (going IN the nest box instead of just perching on the side, and dust bathing in the shavings in the cage.) My 26-week old D'Anver finally laid her first egg!!! What a good girl, Amelia!! Good boy, Gazpacho!!

:weee

I'm jealous! I have two 43 week old D'Anvers who simply refuse to lay a first egg. They insist that is NOT what they are here for. They are merely pocket pets.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom