d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

now JJ you didnt mention anything about it being a possible mix! That would explain a lot. I had thought that myself, but didnt want to say anything ( kinda what I was getting at with the time will tell thing though). Yes you can see the cream. It's the lavender I wasnt seeing....But there is a faint bar on the wing bar of what looks pale blue. Like yall were saying, some times a pic isnt worth a thousand words at least not on fine details

Cynthia, girl dont go saying stuff like that, she'll stop on you too then!!!

Hi D'Anver lovers. I guess I should at least say hello. I feel like I have been stalking you over here on this thread.

My name is Kris, my hubby Robert also posts using my login. We have wyandottes and production red hens, and Jersey buff turkeys. We are adding a few more turkeys this spring.Looks like I will be adding some of Aubrey D'anvers too.

I feel like I know you from reading the whole thread. YOu seem like a super nice bunch of folks, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Aubrey, you are the best for taking the time to answer my emails. Thank You.

now JJ you didnt mention anything about it being a possible mix! That would explain a lot. I had thought that myself, but didnt want to say anything ( kinda what I was getting at with the time will tell thing though). Yes you can see the cream. It's the lavender I wasnt seeing....But there is a faint bar on the wing bar of what looks pale blue. Like yall were saying, some times a pic isnt worth a thousand words at least not on fine details

Cynthia, girl dont go saying stuff like that, she'll stop on you too then!!!

The orphington was just a joke because it so round , reminds me of the buff orphingtons I hatched for my wife. It is out of a porcelain roo that I hatched from eggs I got from you last summer and a millie hen I bought from Tom. Here is a picture of the parents the self blue wasn't laying then. She lays (a white egg) in the box and the millie lays (a cream colored egg) in the corner.

Hi Kris.
jj

JJ, the baby pictures are great. The contrast makes all those little feathers stand out so cute!!
Nice looking parents on the baby also.

KrisH
welcome-byc.gif

She did it! Penny laid her first egg at 43 weeks old!

It was so covered in blood that I checked to be sure she hadn't prolapsed (she was fine), but dang, it's pretty large for a teensy little girl like these are! Now, I'm a tad scared for itty bitty Carly, who is nowhere near the size of Penny the butterball.
*sorry about the dry hands--been doing one quilt project after another and can't use lotion when handling fabric all the time*

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom