d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

All these chick pictures are making the wait so hard. I cant wait to get my eggs to hatch and then hope to have a successful hatch.

Come on girls (Aubrey's hens) please start laying good so I can have little one of my own to adore.

That second pic of the little one screams."I am a handsome roo in the making" adorable chicklet.

That opinion is based on inexperience with this breed but on sheer body stance, look and attitude. LOL

Last edited:
So far, I have collected 13 D'Anver eggs from Aimee, Penny and Carly, though only two of those belong to Carly, her very first two eggs. I am setting eggs Saturday evening, along with some of my Stukel Barred Rocks, Delawares and some mixed color Orps (blue x buff), BR x EE and even a few of my banty lav Cochin's eggs sired by either the mille fleur or porcelain D'anver males. All in all, there will be a full 42 egg turner in my Hova, most of which will be sold. My main purpose for the hatch was to get more D'Anver pullets and a couple of BR pullets. The rest are just gravy, LOL.

So far, I have collected 13 D'Anver eggs from Aimee, Penny and Carly, though only two of those belong to Carly, her very first two eggs. I am setting eggs Saturday evening, along with some of my Stukel Barred Rocks, Delawares and some mixed color Orps (blue x buff), BR x EE and even a few of my banty lav Cochin's eggs sired by either the mille fleur or porcelain D'anver males. All in all, there will be a full 42 egg turner in my Hova, most of which will be sold. My main purpose for the hatch was to get more D'Anver pullets and a couple of BR pullets. The rest are just gravy, LOL.

That's really good. Mine have pretty much quit laying and the rest haven't started yet.But I have three of those millie eggs that porcelains come out of and one porcelain x Lavender egg in the hatcher. Should see them tonight or in the morning.

jj

ep.gif

OMG you are calling my future babies "gravy"...how mean of you woman!
old.gif
You know my feathered oddities are never cooked and now you call them gravy...really? I am sooooooooooooooo ashamed of you and I am gonna call Rufus and the Princess to tell them what you said and that will learn you.
tongue2.gif

ep.gif

OMG you are calling my future babies "gravy"...how mean of you woman!
old.gif
You know my feathered oddities are never cooked and now you call them gravy...really? I am sooooooooooooooo ashamed of you and I am gonna call Rufus and the Princess to tell them what you said and that will learn you.
tongue2.gif
Well, this calls for me to add the last line I didn't add to my post above....you know how we Southerners love our GRAVY! Bwahahahahaha!

J/K, Rufus will not be eaten. Why would he? He is only a bite or two at most. I can't wait to hatch my first D'Anver babies from my own flock! And, in truth, I think the D'Anver x Lav Cochins will be adorable.

Back
Top Bottom