d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Boggy Bottom Bantams, Dec 2, 2009.

1. NanaKat

NanaKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Thanks JJ and Aubrey. So I have a Blue Quail roo. Now to think of a name for him.

2. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

All these chick pictures are making the wait so hard. I cant wait to get my eggs to hatch and then hope to have a successful hatch.

Come on girls (Aubrey's hens) please start laying good so I can have little one of my own to adore.

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    That second pic of the little one screams."I am a handsome roo in the making" adorable chicklet.

That opinion is based on inexperience with this breed but on sheer body stance, look and attitude. LOL

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  4. Ducks and Banny hens

Ducks and Banny hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    On a little Farm.
    I always forget about that...
    I always have it in my head that Isabel is the only gene that dilutes both types of pigment, but Blue does, too.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

So far, I have collected 13 D'Anver eggs from Aimee, Penny and Carly, though only two of those belong to Carly, her very first two eggs. I am setting eggs Saturday evening, along with some of my Stukel Barred Rocks, Delawares and some mixed color Orps (blue x buff), BR x EE and even a few of my banty lav Cochin's eggs sired by either the mille fleur or porcelain D'anver males. All in all, there will be a full 42 egg turner in my Hova, most of which will be sold. My main purpose for the hatch was to get more D'Anver pullets and a couple of BR pullets. The rest are just gravy, LOL.

6. Backwoods Bntms

Backwoods Bntms Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia

That's really good. Mine have pretty much quit laying and the rest haven't started yet.But I have three of those millie eggs that porcelains come out of and one porcelain x Lavender egg in the hatcher. Should see them tonight or in the morning.

jj

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG]

OMG you are calling my future babies "gravy"...how mean of you woman! [​IMG] You know my feathered oddities are never cooked and now you call them gravy...really? I am sooooooooooooooo ashamed of you and I am gonna call Rufus and the Princess to tell them what you said and that will learn you. [​IMG]

8. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    yep the isabel are just the lavender counterparts, both pretty much have a similar effect, they both turn black and dilute gold/reds the lavender's just dilute it more so

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, this calls for me to add the last line I didn't add to my post above....you know how we Southerners love our GRAVY! Bwahahahahaha!

J/K, Rufus will not be eaten. Why would he? He is only a bite or two at most. I can't wait to hatch my first D'Anver babies from my own flock! And, in truth, I think the D'Anver x Lav Cochins will be adorable.

10. Backwoods Bntms

Backwoods Bntms Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    How about a couple of pictures while the flour is browning.

Blue silver quail

[​IMG]

Mille/Porcelain

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by