d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Boggy Bottom Bantams, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    should have them by then Kris, several pens started today, of course none of what you were wanting, but by then just about everything "historically" is laying. If I get to make it, I'd be glad to bring them up to you...will just have to see. I never know what my weekends look like til they are here. The weekend before that is my birthday 3/3, and that week end is my best friend/ boss's birthday 3/10. He mentioned just tonight about wanting to take me to LA offshore fishing then for a double birthday deal for us... so, I just never know

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmm, offshore fishing or Chicken show, [​IMG].... I think the offshore fishing wins [​IMG].

I hope I get to meet you, but certainly understand, the Birthday get away would win.

3. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    haha,

yep it usually wins out, I go about 20 or more days a year, pretty much when the weather is good on a weekend, we go, doesnt much matter what else is happening...I LOVE IT

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Carly laid her first egg today, finally, at the age of 44 weeks! In the pic of eggs, from left to right: Aimee, Penny, and tiny Carly's first one. Thank goodness it was smaller than the others' eggs! Sorry it's grainy-basement lighting was bad, which is where I'm storing them for the upcoming hatch. Now, I have eggs from all three of them for it! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    see, I told you they were just constipated.. a little Ex lax would have got them there for you quicker.... na, congrats on all them. I had a mille hen today acting odd, hope she's getting ready. Was worried at first, she was just sitting in the corner, thought she may have been sick or something, but when I went to check on her I got the broody hen growl...

6. Backwoods Bntms

Backwoods Bntms Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    Cyn- congrats on the eggs mine have stopped.

jj

7. Backwoods Bntms

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    How about some update pictures?
    My mystery chick from last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bonus pic.

[​IMG]

jj

8. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    JJ,

it's about got to be a porcelain, feathers are looking that way at least, just had strange down color to start with... looks to be a good one whatever it is.

My lavender silver by the way turned out to just be a lavender after it dried out, had another with the silver quail face, and black boy, but white stripes down it's back... came from the same mating, but have no Eathly idea what the heck it is going to grow into

will get some pics when the bulk start hatching for everyone

9. Backwoods Bntms

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    Aubrey how is the red pyle project comming along?

jj

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Another awesome pic, JJ.

Aubrey, I notice that Aimee and Carly both lay the same creamy off-white color, but Penny's is very white as well as pointier. Do they just vary like that by individual, by line, or what? Have you seen any pattern with egg color and shape with your different color varieties?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by