d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Boggy Bottom Bantams, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Backwoods Bntms

Backwoods Bntms Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia

Thanks.

They're a little odd, but ain't we all....some more so. I think I will keep them around a while and see just how odd.

jj

2. Backwoods Bntms

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia

That must mean my hen is deffinitely split to lav. I may move her to another rooster I have that is a dark millie and looks just like Rusty.

jj

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

JJ, no one has expressed interest in Rusty yet. It's looking more and more like you'll be getting him if you are for sure coming to GA in March. If no one has claimed him by the end of this month, I'll just take down the ad and consider him yours. If someone has claimed him, maybe you'd like me to bring you some hatching eggs from my bunch if I come to the show anyway? Of course, with two porcelain roosters, two mille roosters and three mille pullets, no telling who the daddy would be of all the chicks. Could be Rusty might have gotten in there somehow, LOL.

Those first three chicks are so adorable, I think I'm going into sugar shock!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. Backwoods Bntms

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    I don't know for sure if I can make it or not, but Danny Dysart is judging that show and he will pick him up for me for sure. As far as eggs go sure, as nice as your hens look it wouldn't matter which of that bunch is the daddy. I would be glad to get some. When it gets closer to the show we will get a plan togeather (phone numbers and stuff) and work it all out. My wife did ask me to slow down on the hatching till it warms up and I can move the brooders outside (its still to cold here), but I am shure it will be warmer by then.

Aubrey, how about a pic of a lavendar quail chick,

jj

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  5. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

IS there a show in march that you are all talking about going too. I owuld really like to get to a show, and hate I missed yesterdays. I can go to the Newnan show its the same weekend as my Big Dog show here in Greenville SC and I am the Assistant SHow Chair. SO no chance of me going. Are any of you going to the Newnan show??

All of these chicks are so adorable with their muffs, such cute chicks. I cant wait to get mine from Aubrey.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Well Cyn looks like both mille boys have homes then...Toerag to JJ and My Little Love here where he belongs. :)

7. Backwoods Bntms

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia

There is a show in Dalton, Ga the week end of March 10th.

jj

8. schuloger

schuloger Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    Middle TN
    I should be going to the March 10th one also but not sure how many birds I will be bringing.

I am putting my blues and quails out of show pens today to start breeding .

If they dont look to rought I might bring them along.

Aubrey, I understand about the kid, I am sure you had a much better blessing doing that than hanging out with us :)

I am a Big Brother at big brothers and big sisters and the feeling you get from that and being able to help is amazing.

Maybe you can make it up for the one on the 10th.

9. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    I hope to be able too. Thankfully Turkeys season hasnt start here by then... I'm an addict.

JJ yes it does look like your mille is split, because you can definitely see the lavender in them 2.

The ones I hatched today are of a silver quail lavender version... havent started the normal lavender quail yet, though it's on the list for this year. These lavender silvers are proving tuff to make. Bred them all year last year and got 3-4...of course lost them all in the great monsoon of 2011 here. Those looked the part wet at least, they should be about dried out now. If they are right, I'll snap a few of them for you.

Look about like your blued ones, just paler blue

10. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Well if all of you might be at the Dalton show, I might just have to make that trip. Looks like it would be 4-5 hrs. So Aubrey, if you go any chance you might have eggs by then??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by