d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Boggy Bottom Bantams, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    yyay for Seren and Penny....

2. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    no problem Cynthia, no they havent started yet. actually about everything but the lavenders have stopped right now. They cant decide if it's winter or spring yet I guess. I guess I can tolerate everything, even ol Cetawin HA!!

3. NanaKat

NanaKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Cute baby pics. Nice looking breeding prospects too.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Thank you Aubrey. Now what adorableness will I get when I hatch babies from my gorgeous Little Love and 2 porcelain d'uccle girls? Hehehe I think Cyn is gonna cave and let me come take My Little Love and bring him to Kentucky where he belongs. Hehehehe, they just do not get along you see but he lurves me

https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/image/view/id/4525810/album/6130237

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sigh, yes, Rufus keeps packing his little suitcase and waiting by the curb for that nice lady from KY to come back and get him. He is very sweet with DH (well, most of the time), but he loves to give me my complimentary morning flog every day. Silly boy, can't decide what he wants to be, a lover or a fighter. Now, little Aubrey and Angus are the angels around here. They never bite or flog mama, which actually works out perfectly since porcelains were my main interest in the first place.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    See! See! He KNOWS you never really loved him and wanted him and that is why he does not lurve you too. For Shame on you Cynthia! My poor Little Love...he can ride back in a doggie booster seat so he can see out the window and everything. You know how he likes to see new stuff and you do not even try to take him anywhere. [​IMG]

7. painterpeach

painterpeach Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    we finally got ourselves a rooster! woo hoo! we have been looking for a while now and thought we were going to have to make a roadtrip to the north georgia mountains.we have been drooling over rusty for a while now. we took a chance and went to an auction and almost fell over when we seen this little guy! we dont show,we just have a few in the back yard as pets.we wanted to know what everone thought of him.[​IMG]

8. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    congrats painter peach, he's no show winner, but he looks darn good for an auction bird! Should be a great back yard bird for you.

Cetawin, go get him!! Just like with Cynthias, you have milles split o lavender on your adorable little babies...they'll just be MUTTS!! HAHA

they should be about 75% rose combed and a few single combed, and have feather stubbles, nothing full blown like d'uccles, but the first ones will have hair leggs... Lord go get him!

9. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

I think he is waiting for you to come get him, you dont want to leave his poor little self out on the curb, [​IMG] please come get me, I want to go for a ride to KY.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good heavens, you'd think I beat him daily from all the grief I get about being mean to sweet little Love, Rufus! Need I remind you that my ankles are taking a beating from that little man? Oh, if I can catch him, he'll let me snuggle him and rub his beard, then when I put him down, he goes right back to his Rusty imitation. He positively dances for DH to pick him up.

We got quite the haul from the bantam coop today. My Phoenix laid, my banty Cochin gave us an egg, plus got eggs from both Aimee and (I assume, from the shape and blood streak) Penny. My LF Buff Orp hen hasn't laid an egg in a year and I don't expect her to again. Carly is the lone holdout, unless that egg I thought was Penny's belongs to Carly. It wasn't as big as Penny's first egg, but still good size. I should have a good collection to put in the bator in a week or so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by