d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Backwoods Bntms, Nice chicks! Will be interesting to see comments on the Mille with white wings. Could it be a split?

Cyn, Tiny looks like she is saying "you want a piece of me!".
Yeah, JJ, that one is very interesting. No idea what's going on there.

Kathryn, nice to see you back here! That's a good summation of the Tiny Terrorist attitude.

This is the one I've decided is her daughter out of Isaac. This is Raven, whose egg I first thought was a Delaware egg when I stuck it under the broody, but no way-I mean, look at the resemblance to Tiny! JJ, I think you were right about this one being a "DelaMatra".

Last edited:
Any way that could be a blue silver JJ? Sorta looks it from the down. They'll all get white wings being silvers, so that's nothing out of the norm. The paler body tone is whats different ...

Any way that could be a blue silver JJ? Sorta looks it from the down. They'll all get white wings being silvers, so that's nothing out of the norm. The paler body tone is whats different ...
Nothing blue involved with them, but I know the mottled roo is split to lav and some of my millies are but it don't look the right shade for lavender. Probably just a light one.

I'm beginning to think all those sons of Isaac and the BR hens I'm raising may have a son of Tiny in there as well. Deacon is so slat sidded skinny, white skinned, even acting like his eyesight may not be all that great, I'm beginning to wonder. He cannot be out of those Stukel Rock hens or even my BBS Rock hens. None are skinny birds, but he looks like a barred Leghorn.

Last edited:
Sorry for not coming around with photos of the kids; everybody's doing well, although it looks as if I have three Porcelain or Buff Columbian cockerels.

Accidentally loaded the photo of the Mille Fleur pullet that's going back to Kristen Ramsdell and it would be mean to delete it, right?

Last edited:
I am new to wee barbus and was hoping you guys can help me put please. I have 6 rescue chooks - 1 grey barbu, 1 caramel and black barbu, 1 sebright rooster, 1 buff orpington and a Mommy and baby mixed breed unknown ( they look like a Rhode Island Red or Isa Brown cross). My little caramel barbu has developed white speckles on her head feathers and a few bits on her wings. Is this normal for molting? The rescue place thought they were about 14 weeks old which would make them about 19 weeks now. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. They are beautiful friendly wee chooks :)

I am new to wee barbus and was hoping you guys can help me put please. I have 6 rescue chooks - 1 grey barbu, 1 caramel and black barbu, 1 sebright rooster, 1 buff orpington and a Mommy and baby mixed breed unknown ( they look like a Rhode Island Red or Isa Brown cross). My little caramel barbu has developed white speckles on her head feathers and a few bits on her wings. Is this normal for molting? The rescue place thought they were about 14 weeks old which would make them about 19 weeks now. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. They are beautiful friendly wee chooks :)

If the speckles are actually color on the feathers it sounds like the caramel could actually be a Mille Fleur. If it looks more like a the feather is growing through a little piece of plastic tubing that is the protective coating on a new feather when it starts to grow, it is normal and will disappear (fall off) as the feather grows.

Some new pictures of my d'Anvers
smile.png
The buff Columbian rooster is the boss of the group. He has really filled out now and is so much better looking. He was coming after me until he got a talking to
lol.png
These roosters are so confident. They crack me up!

They were hunkered down for the night so the roosters tail which is normally up, was down.

Porcelain pair have been molting, so look kind of scruffy:

If the speckles are actually color on the feathers it sounds like the caramel could actually be a Mille Fleur. If it looks more like a the feather is growing through a little piece of plastic tubing that is the protective coating on a new feather when it starts to grow, it is normal and will disappear (fall off) as the feather grows.

Back
Top Bottom