d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

There is a water test you could try as well. I've read of people doing it, but can't remember the results for sure. I know you put one egg at a time in a bowl of hot water. The live chick will float and move the egg around. I believe if they are dead the egg sinks. If you try that read about it because I'm not positive.

I candled the eggs then opened the aircells. Removed three more from the bator. Chicks fully formed but never got into the air cell. Two more are probably gone, but I thought I saw movement so left them in for awhile longer. Probably just the flashlight wavering, but will candle later if they don't pip.

Here are your babies, Karen. The lone one is the one that I think is porcelain, though seems darker than my other porcelains I've had. You can pick them up today if you like. And if you want to try more eggs, I'll give you a batch to try again. I am OVERRUN with D'Anver eggs! BUT, bring your own cartons because I'm almost completely out.

Okay, Aubrey, are there one or two porcelains in here? I can't decide if I have one light mille or a porcelain. One I do think is porcelain, but another seems more mille, just very light.

Last edited:
I candled the eggs then opened the aircells. Removed three more from the bator. Chicks fully formed but never got into the air cell. Two more are probably gone, but I thought I saw movement so left them in for awhile longer. Probably just the flashlight wavering, but will candle later if they don't pip.

Here are your babies, Karen. The lone one is the one that I think is porcelain, though seems darker than my other porcelains I've had. You can pick them up today if you like. And if you want to try more eggs, I'll give you a batch to try again. I am OVERRUN with D'Anver eggs! BUT, bring your own cartons because I'm almost completely out.

Okay, Aubrey, are there one or two porcelains in here? I can't decide if I have one light mille or a porcelain. One I do think is porcelain, but another seems more mille, just very light.

You're so lucky to be overrun with D'anver eggs, none of mine is laying right now. I want them to lay so I can try out that new incubator on ebay

I do have 12 layers, though two are brooding eggs right now. I can't believe Penny took over a year off from laying, laid about two weeks, then went broody. Silly hen.

Karen, I don't think there is any hope for the first hatchling. She is wearing herself out trying to thump around and the stronger ones are stomping all over her. The hobbles just make her throw her legs out behind her and not try. I think the twisted right hock is to blame. We may just put her down, poor little baby. You do have five very strong hoodlums in there, all clean legged as they're supposed to be. One is a very dark mille color, the type Aubrey says he's used to seeing.

I just sent you a pm. I want yo wait until this crazy winter is over. Its supposed to be 60* tomorrow. Have you seen the forecast for next weekend. Lots more snow on the way.

I candled the eggs then opened the aircells. Removed three more from the bator. Chicks fully formed but never got into the air cell. Two more are probably gone, but I thought I saw movement so left them in for awhile longer. Probably just the flashlight wavering, but will candle later if they don't pip. Here are your babies, Karen. The lone one is the one that I think is porcelain, though seems darker than my other porcelains I've had. You can pick them up today if you like. And if you want to try more eggs, I'll give you a batch to try again. I am OVERRUN with D'Anver eggs! BUT, bring your own cartons because I'm almost completely out. Okay, Aubrey, are there one or two porcelains in here? I can't decide if I have one light mille or a porcelain. One I do think is porcelain, but another seems more mille, just very light.
They are very cute. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom