d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Pics
Of the 12 D'Anvers, there are 10 left-- another porcelain quit. Aubrey, that was the one that we hoped would make it, even though it was cracked, but tonight when I rechecked it, it had a blood ring. There are still all 7 Mille Fleurs and 3 of the Porcelains left. I'm quite pleased with how the hatch is going overall. I started with 80 shipped eggs and tonight we've gone into Day 10 with having had to toss just 13 of them. Not too shabby for shipped eggs so far, eh? That's what I get for dealing with great breeders who know how to pack eggs.

nope that's shooting a pretty good average, of course, Like I told you, the porcelains are laying pretty well now, week too late for your set date...that's the way it seems to go aint it. Let me know if you want a few more

Aubrey, I wish I could afford to get a few more, but maybe when I get a broody, I could get a few more porcelains from you. I'll have to play it by ear on that. And if I have the milles and at least a couple of porcelains to breed together, I'll have their eggs to place under a broody in the future to get the splits and more porcelains. I'd love for one of the porcelains in the bator to be a cockerel!
fl.gif

The reason I didn't want to do a staggered hatch is that I was already having to use my two Hovas for all the ones I have now, plus, every dang time we incubate, we have terrible weather! We've had tornado watches and today, are having a raging thunderstorm and power here is very precarious. Guess the TVA's squirrel on the treadmill is getting very old and can't keep up, LOL. It's so stressful!

We had horrible thunderstorms, torrential rain and somewhere around here had baseball size hail and the new coop passed the leak test with flying colors, plus no power outage this time to endanger the eggs in the bators.

Back
Top Bottom