d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

You can see the 11 week old pullets are getting really big now.

Aubrey:

The Psycho Sisters, aka, the Coch'Anvers, Misty & Opal, and my Phoenix, Molly, all broody now. NONE of them are getting eggs, either, dang it. Opal has been sitting for over two weeks now, Misty and Molly just started.

JJ, I'd happily give him to you. That little snot-rag flogged the back of my leg as I was leaving the coop yesterday. I guess he didn't like me telling him that he'd lost all control of his women, letting them all go broody at the same time like this, LOL. He sure is a looker, though! My handsome little feathered pitbull.

it goes away just about right off the bat, guess it's recessive, so far havent had any come back with it. But I havent worked too much with it yet.

and yep those are some nice3 ones nana

JJ, I'd happily give him to you. That little snot-rag flogged the back of my leg as I was leaving the coop yesterday. I guess he didn't like me telling him that he'd lost all control of his women, letting them all go broody at the same time like this, LOL. He sure is a looker, though! My handsome little feathered pitbull.
lau.gif

I figured you'd be use to all that by now

lau.gif

I figured you'd be use to all that by now

Used to it, yes. Like it? Not on your life! I'm more into the calmer variety of rooster until I had the D'Anvers. Even Ace is nothing like your namesake. He has a semi-lovable side. Not Aubrey! He is full-on in your face attitude 24/7, although, the other day, he did lower himself to take some blueberry pancake from my hand without biting me afterward.

lau.gif
Good thing I swallowed my tea!

Used to it, yes. Like it? Not on your life! I'm more into the calmer variety of rooster until I had the D'Anvers. Even Ace is nothing like your namesake. He has a semi-lovable side. Not Aubrey! He is full-on in your face attitude 24/7, although, the other day, he did lower himself to take some blueberry pancake from my hand without biting me afterward.
well you know us men, we can be trained with food

Hi, I'm wondering if you guys can help me? I'm having such trouble with my little d'Anver flock this year.
barnie.gif

I tried to introduce two new girls to my flock - a lavender and a birchen, they'd grown up next to my flock which are all this years birds anyway except the boy who is last years.
Straight away the boy decided he didn't like the two new girls and my blue girl from the flock also decided she hated the lavender girl.
After two weeks of no letting up in attacking them I decided to remove the problem birds, so I took out the boy, the blue aggressive hen, and a placid hen who at that time was the only one to have come into lay so I wanted her to stay with the boy.
The lavender hen settled in well and I sold the birchen as I decided that I didn't need to keep her.
Then I put the placid hen back in and all was fine, just the usual pecking order stuff.
Then I put the cockerel back in and immediately he went back to attacking the lavender hen.
Its been a week and she is completely pushed out the flock by him, as every time she joins the other girls, he attacks her and chases her off. The aggressive blue hen is still on her own.

The only thing I can think to do is to take out the boy and the lavender hen and put them together out of sight of the rest of the flock and force him to only have her as company until he accepts her. Then the blue hen can go back in the flock in the meantime.
I know it'll be stressful for the lavender, but surely if it works it'll be better than a life pushed out of the flock. Then if he finally accepts her as his hen, hopefully he'll protect her against the aggressive blue hen when they rejoin the flock.
What does everyone else think?
I'm tearing my hair out over here, I need her to be accepted as she carries quail and he is a silver quail boy so the pair of them could produce me a lavender quail.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom