Dark Brahma Pullets @ 8 wks - Why does one look different?

FTR, I said two males and a female based on sexually dimorphic patterning. I did not address the mixed breed question because I don't feel qualified to answer that. I'd suggest asking that question on the Brahma thread in the breeds board.

I would also say the bottom bird is the DB pullet.

My DB hen. Note the even patterning.

And in better lighting...

Edited to add that the DB males have a lot of light/white in the shoulders and back. I DO think the other 2 are DB males.

Last edited:
Possibly that one on the bottom is a Cockerel if its getting the green feathering....Just a guess...
wink.png

Also , the lack,of tail feathering has me thinking Cockerel......
wink.png

Wait a few more weeks for it to mature....

smile.png
.......Cheers!
Thank you, I really appreciate your input!

Originally, that lack of tail feathering had me thinking cockerel. too. However, the "Pullet or Cockerel" thread experts took a look at the chest feathers and told me these are all pullets. Maybe it will take a few more weeks to figure out what is going on.

smile.png

Would also guesstimate 2 cockerels and a pullet.....you'll know for sure in a couple more months or so.
Thank you!!

I have three guesstimates in your camp, one guess that I have two pullets and a cockerel, and all the votes from the "Pullet or Cockerel" thread say three pullets.

Oh, my
wink.png
I think that you are right in that time will tell.

I suspect two cockerels and a pullet. Please take pics showing chest feathers. The upper two have a white patch beginning on the wing bow even in juvenile feathers and the chests are likely to be either white with black splotches or black.
Chest feathers - Wow, you are amazing in what you guessed!! I am so impressed.
smile.png

Edited to add that the DB males have a lot of light/white in the shoulders and back. I DO think the other 2 are DB males.

Thank you, that looks like how it is shaping up.
thumbsup.gif
I wanted to mention that your DB hen is gorgeous, as are your other hens.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom