Dark Egg Breeds Thread

I have another thought on sanding. I have a feeling that the chemicals creating the color in Pene eggs is imbedded in the egg, maybe not to the extent of blue eggs but I can rub a lot and not scrape any off, unlike most other brown eggs.
Also I occasionally get plum eggs. I also think I figured this out. The egg is supposed to be a dark reddish brown. So if the brown is missing I think that all that's left is the plum.

Last edited:
Hi to All!

My Partridge Penedesenca laid her first egg yesterday.

The egg on the left is from a Blue Marans. The egg on the right is from my Partridge Pene:

Hi to All!

My Partridge Penedesenca laid her first egg yesterday.

The egg on the left is from a Blue Marans. The egg on the right is from my Partridge Pene:

thumbsup.gif

Hi All,

This is a picture of the first three Partridge Pene eggs. You can see them getting darker and bigger as the go from the bottom right to the left:

How is everyone?

Anybody hatching out some Dark egg layers? Anyone getting some dark eggs to show pictures of?

I feel like I have hijacked the thread but I my last post was a week ago....

Here are my dark eggs and OE eggs for the week. Partridge Pene and Marans OE Eggs:

Nice eggs!

We are on day 18 and hope that we get some Welsummer chicks and Cuckoo Marans chicks to hatch out this time
fl.gif
- last incubation we had thermostat issues and lost the whole group. Our main incubator is still having problems so we are incubating in our back up one, trying to figure out how I am going to keep all the eggs separated- my DD has 4 different Andalusian roosters we are hatching eggs from and need to keep them separate- we do have some baskets w/tops so that is how we will handle them. DH is hoping to make the final adjustments on our main one later today so we can move the eggs over
fl.gif

Nice eggs!

We are on day 18 and hope that we get some Welsummer chicks and Cuckoo Marans chicks to hatch out this time
fl.gif
- last incubation we had thermostat issues and lost the whole group. Our main incubator is still having problems so we are incubating in our back up one, trying to figure out how I am going to keep all the eggs separated- my DD has 4 different Andalusian roosters we are hatching eggs from and need to keep them separate- we do have some baskets w/tops so that is how we will handle them. DH is hoping to make the final adjustments on our main one later today so we can move the eggs over
fl.gif
th
I hope you get some to hatch this time!

Ron

Back
Top Bottom