Dark Egg Breeds Thread

That ROOSTER in the middle on the left ( the one with the HUGE comb ) is for sure a rooster. That comb is HUGE!!!
Why does it have blue legs and his pair has grey?

That is a good question. Penedesencas go from grey to white depending on the color. Jason probably knows.

He crowed this morning!

That is a good question. Penedesencas go from grey to white depending on the color. Jason probably knows.

He crowed this morning!
why yes I did crow lol

They may not of changed to slate yet but there are variation some in leg color. the slate legs are most desired but there legs look fine to me plus they may darken some. That hen has a ton of reddish orange compared to the two can not wait to see how she develops.
are there legs the same as hers or his?

why yes I did crow lol

They may not of changed to slate yet but there are variation some in leg color. the slate legs are most desired but there legs look fine to me plus they may darken some. That hen has a ton of reddish orange compared to the two can not wait to see how she develops.
are there legs the same as hers or his?
gig.gif

Her legs are more of a slate color with a hint of something else. I will work on a picture later. I need to take other pictures today too.

I got this egg the other day from one of my French Wheaten Marans, she normally lays quite a dark egg and a bit long in shape but the distribution of pigment on this one was just lovely so I thought it worth posting on here. The photo was taken with the flash

Back
Top Bottom