Dark stuff floating near air cell??

I think I know what you are talking about- some times the eggs will get a blood clot. if you still see movement you are probably okay.

Yes stop turning and let the little ones orientate them selves ...
Happy hatching
clap.gif

Yes, you can stop turning now. Keep an eye on the humidity and once they pipped externally make sure it stays above 60%, so they don't dry out in the shells. I've recently done a bit of a staggered hatch (unplanned, don't ask!). The chicks hatched over 8 days, with the last hatchers being exposed to fairly high humidity and not getting turned at all during the last week, except when they got knocked around by the newly hatched chicks. They were all fine.

Remember ducklings can and often do take their sweet time hatching. I give them about 3 days from internal pip, 24 hours to progress to external pip, 24 hours from there to zipping and then another 8 hours to complete the process. That being said I've had a duckling take 4 full days once, so as gimmie birdies said above, leave them and let them do their thing. Good luck and have fun!

Ok Thank you so much! This is my first hatch so I really don't want to mess anything up! I locked down yesterday and my temp is at 97 and my humidity at 64%. Still no external pips. Patients.... patients... I'll keep you guys updated. OH and the egg with the dark stuff now has what seems like a dark stain on the outside of the shell that seems to be getting bigger. Again I'll try to post a picture but the last few times I've tried it has failed.

Back
Top Bottom