Darn dog got our chicken!

LifeSong...i don't know how old the OP is, of course if he/she is a child/ minor, they should request the help of a responsible adult.
On the other hand, there certainly are many adults out their still living at home with mom, more so in these hard times..Who said the OP is a child/minor..? Who says two adult brothers can't be living at home with mom...? The point anyway, is its doubtful the dog or neighbors going to change, the OP's hens need to be protected from this type of attacks.

We had a stray dog get 16 of our chickens. Out of the 16 were 2 chicks we hatched a few weeks earlier. It is safe to say, that dog will never kill another animal again.

I'm sorry for your lose too. But there is no saving that dog now. It has already proved to be a hunter by killing the rabbits, chickens and sheep. And those are animals you know of. One thing you must really consider is the chance that the dog will kill something with rabies and then everyone will be in danger not just livestock.

ERGGG!!! The dog does NOT belong with this person and should immediately be removed from his 'care' (uncare) and rehomed.
And action should be taken against this guy for his irresponsibility costing your hen its life. She didn't deserve to have her life snuffed out and to be terrified and tortured.
JJ

My mom told Bill that we will shoot Spots if she ever comes up on our property. All of my family, with the exception of my 5 year old sister, have used firearms and are pretty familiar with them. I kind of mis-spoke about how my brother got the chicken away from Spots, he kicked her and had to roll her over to get the chicken, which she dropped. Thanks for all the support and and advice.

Back
Top Bottom