Darn it's cold! Build that barn already!

RockyToggRanch

Songster
11 Years
May 22, 2008
Upstate NY
It's 28 degrees here this morning! The horses are getting fuzzy and that means winter! My barn build is desperately behind schedule. My 23 chickens are still roosting in my tiny feed room at night. They've outgrown the roosts I built. I thiught I'd have them all snuggled in to their new home by now. I'm getting frustrated with the whole process. The brick was delivered for the aisleway and there's not even a complete frame yet. My hay is still in the garage and 3 of my hens lay eggs in there. Another in the run in barn and one in the horse stall. They're so confused. Looks like they'll still be free ranging in the snow:(

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Well, if I lived in NY I'd lend a hand but, I'm in Va. Here's hoping you get the job done soon
fl.gif

Last edited:
Thanks:) I hired a farmer and his son's to build the barn. We had a very bad hay season here so that put them behind. I knew ahead of time that his 10 day estimated build time sounded unrealistic with all he had to do at his place, too. He's here this morning working on it, so I'm happy again. I just can't wait to get in there and start framing the interior rooms. My coop will be next to the tack room with a plexiglass viewing panel and a lift up hatch to gather eggs. I'm envisioning a snowy day and sitting in the tack room watching my flock
smile.png

You must be north of me. It is 40 degrees where I live in Ontario, Canada. But fear not.....it is only 153 days till the first day of Spring!

Yep. You're north of me. Not by much...you are 43.6 latitude and I am 42. Must be your elevation that makes it colder. No frozen hoses yet for me.

Lucky you. I moved here 3 yrs ago from zone 5. I brought 200+ plants with me, not realizing that zone 4 was like another world. I'm just east of Lake Ontario which means I get all the lake effect everything. I am not complaining really. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else! Give me another 12 feet of snow in a month...it's a challenge! All I can say is..firewood and 4 wheel drive!

Back
Top Bottom