daughter lost one of her peachicks

jimmythechicken

Songster
9 Years
Jun 8, 2010
mansfield
today when she went out to the coop one of her peachicks was dead.was not dead long still warm now the other one is going crazy peeping an looking for him.my little baby has been crying all morning so i am trying to get her another peachick i emailed the guy we got those from to see if he had anymore hope i can find one i feel so bad for her.
sad.png

So sorry you lost your little pea chick. They can be hard to get started up and growing. I recently got 4 which are pied and blues when they were 3 days old. I placed them in brooder with an older turkey poult to show them food and water.
My biggest problem is keeping them interested in eating... I tried chopped up grass clippings as well as wet feed.
Good luck finding another one..

thanks deerman by next spring she hopes to buy some puple peachick eggs from you next spring.she will a a bator by then an alot of buff hens to hatch them going to put fence down 2morrow be for she gets any more.thanks for all the help everyone.

i keep the peachicks inside the floor is cement an we have hay an wood shavings down should this be good or should i buy some wire an an lay down some 2x4 an put them of the wire?

Back
Top Bottom