Pics
How's it goin with that E-collar? I just got one for christmas and been working with Mason. I am only using it to improve his recall. He put it together pretty fast that the vibration means come.. but he is still chosing to ignore it iffin there's sniffin to do.. or if he is triggered by another dog or a cat.
It's pretty hard to recall a hound off a trail or a chase. 😐
It's what he was Born and bread to do.

I luvs hims spotted ears. 😍
It’s going great! It did take a while to train and we had a few instances early on where he ignored it and tore off across the field to go play with another dog 🤦‍♀️ but now he can be pretty close/within view and recall off them and then I usually grab the leash just to be 100% sure while we pass. That’s why he drags it. But previously I wouldn’t have been able to even do that. And now I don’t even really need to touch the remote very often at all. He will recall without it very reliably. It’s just he needs reminders sometimes around other dogs since he loves them so much. But it’s been a life changer for us because we used to drag long lines around which were such a PITA and tripping hazard and now he can run free and get more exercise. And thankfully he stays pretty close naturally. So yeah. It’s definitely improved his recall and now I’m working with it to improve his leash manners. Game changer for sure.

So fresh and clean after his bath lol he also got crazy zoomies afterwards 🤣🤣🤣

50809C1C-B318-4E06-A763-96472E325562.jpeg

It’s going great! It did take a while to train and we had a few instances early on where he ignored it and tore off across the field to go play with another dog 🤦‍♀️ but now he can be pretty close/within view and recall off them and then I usually grab the leash just to be 100% sure while we pass. That’s why he drags it. But previously I wouldn’t have been able to even do that. And now I don’t even really need to touch the remote very often at all. He will recall without it very reliably. It’s just he needs reminders sometimes around other dogs since he loves them so much. But it’s been a life changer for us because we used to drag long lines around which were such a PITA and tripping hazard and now he can run free and get more exercise. And thankfully he stays pretty close naturally. So yeah. It’s definitely improved his recall and now I’m working with it to improve his leash manners. Game changer for sure.
I hate the long line. Such a pita. And so dangerous for my older labs that can't get out of the way in time.

I hate the long line. Such a pita. And so dangerous for my older labs that can't get out of the way in time.
Yeah it’s a huge PITA and really dangerous! Especially on trails around other people and dogs where someone could trip. Even I could trip and have before. Ours was 50 ft too so hard to carry too. Even the short one I had was still 20 ft. Definitely dangerous. Plus it was cotton and got so gross. I have biothane now but I don’t use the long one anymore. The short one is really nice though. E collar is much preferred over long lines, at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom