Pics
IMG_1498.jpeg

Thank you so much!! It was!! They had people cookies and pies and stuff too. I got a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. :drool :love
Oh gosh, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies used to be my favorite! Then I figured out I have a dairy protein allergy and a peanut sensitivity... 😭 cashew butter cookies with chocolate chips are pretty good, but not quite the same level of amazing. Now I bake my own goodies with lovely "vegan buttery spreads", coconut oil, or butter flavored crisco, they actually turn out very well. It's very rare I can find dairy free treats out and about to purchase.

Oh gosh, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies used to be my favorite! Then I figured out I have a dairy protein allergy and a peanut sensitivity... 😭 cashew butter cookies with chocolate chips are pretty good, but not quite the same level of amazing. Now I bake my own goodies with lovely "vegan buttery spreads", coconut oil, or butter flavored crisco, they actually turn out very well. It's very rare I can find dairy free treats out and about to purchase.
Awww that sucks!! I’m sorry!! Your treats sound pretty good though!!!

Awww that sucks!! I’m sorry!! Your treats sound pretty good though!!!
The first year or two I felt pretty restricted having to cut out all dairy (heck, I worked for a cheese manufacturer and would ride down the road to help my neighbors milk cows and then get fresh milk from the bulk tank) but between learning some tricks and then the dairy free offerings have really expanded in the last 10 years. I ended up working for a company who made alternative dairy products for quite a few years, that was really cool!

Recently Silk came out with Next Milk, it's amazing! It tastes darn close to what I remember milk tasting like, cooks and bakes wonderfully. I use it to make sausage gravy and you can't tell the difference from the real deal. Its my daily coffee "creamer" and my husband likes it so we always keep plenty on hand for his cereal. Oh, and it froths very well for lattes 😁

Being dairy free used to be a great diet, but now there are so many great work arounds it's really not restrictive. We have even found 2 pizza chains that offer vegan cheese 😃

The first year or two I felt pretty restricted having to cut out all dairy (heck, I worked for a cheese manufacturer and would ride down the road to help my neighbors milk cows and then get fresh milk from the bulk tank) but between learning some tricks and then the dairy free offerings have really expanded in the last 10 years. I ended up working for a company who made alternative dairy products for quite a few years, that was really cool!

Recently Silk came out with Next Milk, it's amazing! It tastes darn close to what I remember milk tasting like, cooks and bakes wonderfully. I use it to make sausage gravy and you can't tell the difference from the real deal. Its my daily coffee "creamer" and my husband likes it so we always keep plenty on hand for his cereal. Oh, and it froths very well for lattes 😁

Being dairy free used to be a great diet, but now there are so many great work arounds it's really not restrictive. We have even found 2 pizza chains that offer vegan cheese 😃
Oh wow that’s amazing!!! Things really have come around in the last several years. There’s sooooo many vegan options now, for example. They even have their own section near the meat at our store. It’s amazing. I like oat milk lol

Oh wow that’s amazing!!! Things really have come around in the last several years. There’s sooooo many vegan options now, for example. They even have their own section near the meat at our store. It’s amazing. I like oat milk lol
I like oat milk too! I haven't ventured into vegan meat substitutes, we purchase 1/4 to 1/2 a beef from some folks we know each year, we don't buy very much meat from the store. We like locally raised, small farm, stuff where we know how the animals have been raised.

I like oat milk too! I haven't ventured into vegan meat substitutes, we purchase 1/4 to 1/2 a beef from some folks we know each year, we don't buy very much meat from the store. We like locally raised, small farm, stuff where we know how the animals have been raised.
It’s amazing, so good lol and ahh okay that makes sense!! That’s cool!!

Back
Top Bottom