Day 1 ....here we go again...48 eggs????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Set 48 bantam cochin eggs today. Got them from 3 different folks and didn't have one broken egg in the bunch!! Only 1 or 2 loose aircells....the PO was good to me. I am excited to have a HUGE assortment...silver penciled, golden laced frizzle, partridge, barred, white, blue, black, blue birchen, columbian...what more could a bantam cochin lover want?? I was real careful to check out the parent stock so I anticipating quite a few really nice ones.

2. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Wow sounds exciting! Good luck and be sure to show off their handsome features when they finally dry off [​IMG]

3. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Good luck!!! Sounds like a beautiful selection! Day 1 for me will be Saturday...again...like I didn't have enough excitement last weekend...

4. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Well Gator Im still on the wagon [​IMG] But good luck on this hatch. Keep us posted. Have you started buying feed by the ton yet? [​IMG]

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Seriously! Our "plan" is to grow them out a few months and then select the ones we want to keep and sell the others. However, there is a saying about plans...and mice...and men...isn't there??

6. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    may your hatch be like the stars many and bright little thing in your day

7. Joy1

Joy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Lancashire,England
    Have just started to incubate six mottled polish. My last batch as I have no more room!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  8. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Good luck!!!!

Joy1-You're suppose to stop when you run out of room? Now you tell me! It is those adolescents that were given to me that threw in a monkey wrench. [​IMG]

9. candyd

candyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Corinth, NY
    Good Luck! [​IMG]

10. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Thanks all...I think staring at eggs is sort of a Zen thing. It takes you away from everything else in your world!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by