Day 10 Candle - What is this dark streak going top to bottom?

JoshFig

Songster
6 Years
Aug 4, 2015
This is my first batch incubating - This egg is on day 10, it has looked healthy so far, but this line going from the pointy end of the egg down showed up last night (I hadn't candled in 2 days). It doesn't look like a blood ring from the photos I've seen of those - any ideas? Is this normal? Or potentially a blood ring that hasn't settled out yet?

Thanks for bearing with the newbie question.

It looks like it started and stopped.

I judge off of veins, if I don't see veins then I toss.

Started growing and stopped? It does still have veins - but if I understand right they can take a few days to dissolve. You can see them a bit in this image. Other than that dark line - I don't see any other signs that the eggs is bad - any other thoughts on that?

To me it looks like it started then stopped. I don't toss until I no longer see veins and everything seems to sink to whatever direction you have it and stays there instead of floating around.

I say keep it in. If there are no fowl smells in the incubator, and it doesn't have fluid coming out of it, might as well wait and see around Day 14 then candle again and see if it has progressed like the others. If not, then get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom