Day 10 Quitter?

HeiWalker98

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2021
Hey again! So I candled a duck egg on day 8 and everything looked great. Today is day 10 and I’m not sure if it’s alive anymore or not. No weird smell, no blood ring. It’s just sooo dark inside and I don’t really see the veins like I used to. I’m still holding out hope for this one but I just feel like it’s dead.
381C8160-80CC-46B7-B73E-B2294D3ACF3D.jpeg
2594BCB3-AE66-4029-8A12-5D8C7A257CA9.jpeg

At some stages, with some eggs, it can be hard to see the veins. I would leave it in and if there is no change and it looks significantly different to the other eggs next time you candle, then you'll know it has died. There's no danger in leaving it in until you are sure.

At some stages, with some eggs, it can be hard to see the veins. I would leave it in and if there is no change and it looks significantly different to the other eggs next time you candle, then you'll know it has died. There's no danger in leaving it in until you are sure.
Thank you for replying. It has changed a lot from yesterday when I looked at it. It’s darker today than it was yesterday and the air sac has gotten bigger. So I’ll just leave it in the incubator and check it again in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom