Day 10: Tell us how your hens like their Oyster Strong™ System feed. *To be eligible to win you must

I have only fed my chickens Purina Food since I got them and they are beautiful and healthy so I guess they like the food very much. I have it in a feeder but I put some on the ground too with a little bit of the Purina Scratch Grains.

At first i was buying layena crumbles and it seemed like my chickens just went crazy over it. There was significant difference in appearance also, their combs got brighter and bigger and their feathers shiny and more colorful, one of my hens laid 5!!! eggs in one day! With crumbles they laid 2-3 eggs a day, And now im getting at least 1 egg from each hen a day. When giving them purina oyster crumbles the eggs had nice glossy shell with a good shape, but i decided about a month ago that they must like pellets better and now im struggling with it they dont want to eat the pellets, they would eat crumbles untill its gone, but with pellets they will only eat some, and shells of some eggs are porous now, some are different texture. Its taking them a long time to finish this 50lb bag of pellets, and i can't wait to get rid of it and buy crumbles again. Hopefully i don't have to buy another brand because my dog food is purina brand too.

Last edited:
No complaints with the Oyster Strong feed, the birds consumed their normal daily average when it was put in the feeder... With their normal supplemented fresh feed, the 50lb bag of Oyster Strong was gone in give or take 24 hours...

Oh wow!! And I thought I was bad going through a 50# bag a week.. you must have a lot of girls ♡♡

At first i was buying layena crumbles and it seemed like my chickens just went crazy over it. There was significant difference in appearance also, their combs got brighter and bigger and their feathers shiny and more colorful, one of my hens laid 5!!! eggs in one day! With crumbles they laid 2-3 eggs a day, And now im getting at least 1 egg from each hen a day. When giving them purina oyster crumbles the eggs had nice glossy shell with a good shape, but i decided about a month ago that they must like pellets better and now im struggling with it they dont want to eat the pellets, they would eat crumbles untill its gone, but with pellets they will only eat some, and shells of some eggs are porous now, some are different texture. Its taking them a long time to finish this 50lb bag of pellets, and i can't wait to get rid of it and buy crumbles again. Hopefully i don't have to buy another brand because my dog food is purina brand too.

You mean you had a hen lay 5 eggs in one week and getting 2-3 each week now? It's not possible for a hen to lay more than one egg a day (each egg takes approximately 25 hours to form, meaning they'll usually have one day off every 7-10 days or so)

Last edited:
We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Please call us at 1-800-227-8941 so we can discuss with you. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom