Day 11 candling, which of these are developing and which should I discard?

First one!

41f5992ca8fb8f12df9d81fdbb7b7032.jpg

Congrats!

I had another hatchling this morning when I woke, 2 Silkies so far. One of the Ameraucanas has pipped so, I should have it later today.

Moved the chicks into.a box with a heat lamp to start, I'll put them in the brooder later today or tomorrow once I've given them.some water and they're moving around.

09622b4936e237b9db1dac87970aaba0.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

14 has been rocking but, no pip yet. I've got 3 Silkies and 1 Ameraucana now. Had to help the 3rd Silkie a little, it unzipped but after several hours still wasn't completely free of the shell. I picked a little shell off for it and it popped right out.

f18fafcc9d71b0b2920b99e0c6dc162b.jpg

I ended up with 6 total, 3 Silkies and 3 Ameraucanas. I started with a total of 15 eggs so about a 40% hatch rate overall, which I feel pretty good about for shipped eggs and being a first timer.

I still have 3 in the incubator, including #14. None of them gave any indications of life in the water test nor do I see any movement when candling them. I'm going to give them until tomorrow morning, just in case but, I'm not at all optimistic about them.

I ended up with 6 total, 3 Silkies and 3 Ameraucanas. I started with a total of 15 eggs so about a 40% hatch rate overall, which I feel pretty good about for shipped eggs and being a first timer. I still have 3 in the incubator, including #14. None of them gave any indications of life in the water test nor do I see any movement when candling them. I'm going to give them until tomorrow morning, just in case but, I'm not at all optimistic about them.
Congrats! Not bad for shipped! I'd have been very surprised if #14 hatched.

Funny thing, I originally ordered these eggs for a Cochin that acted like she was going broody but, by the time they arrived she'd changed her mind. Well, it looks like she's decided she's going to go broody after all and this time, she seems more committed. I'm going to just give her a few of the fertilized eggs from my Welsummers and see if she sticks with it.

Back
Top Bottom