Day 14 but all different inside the egg

TheTeenyTinyFarm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Elberon, Virginia
I'm a newbie,
I candled the eggs last night and they all seem to be coming along but there are a couple I question, cause they are smaller and not as far developed as some of the others. Does this mean they are not going to hatch, or they are not as far along as the others, even though they are on the same day?

Help?
idunno.gif

I've had some eggs that look VERY different than the others. Since chicks develop at a pretty set rate, I've decided that it's simply the way the embryo is presented in the egg. Sometimes you just can see the whole chick, or you can't see as much of the veining.

Lots of times I've penciled a question mark on the top of an egg, because it looked so different, and had a perfectly fine chick hatch out.

see?

IMG_0175.jpg

And.......

perfection!

DayoldBarnevelders042-1.jpg

edited to replace a GINORMOUS photo.

Last edited:
that chick is adorable!!! What is the little blue ring for on the chicks leg?

Thank you so much! I will keep all the eggs cause I'm not sure which ones are bad..this is my first hatch.

I also had the temp too high yesterday for about 4 hours and thought I killed them...I was so upset...I should have just left it alone. What I did was put a hygrometer that I bought from Walmart in there and the temp was a lot different than the thermometer so I adjusted the temp and when I came home from errands the temp was at 104...I about had a baby cow...I was so mad at myself. But, I candled the eggs again lastnight and I saw movement which made me feel a lot better!

wheeew!!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom