Day 16 of incubating chicken eggs

Jessie Jenkin

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 24, 2013
im soo nervous about hatch day last time i incubated 8 eggs and only 2 hatched ahhhh :/
barnie.gif

Don't be, So far i have had only 6 hatch out of the 20 eggs i put in, I have learned a lot since i started, i may have some bad eggs as i didn't date them as we collect eggs so they could be no good. Next batch will be my latest eggs and i will candle them, just got done building a candler. To be honest i was surprised any hatched at all so far. We was watching tv last night and started here chirps lol. Good luck on the hatch and keep all of us posted :)

I have some in the hatcher due on wed. and thurs. I have one peeping in air cell, but I got these eggs from 2 sources one from a farm, mom was sitting on eggs a couple days, and one from a fridge that I have hatched from before. The fridge eggs look a tad behind maybe a couple of days. we will see eggs below were from my last batch.

Last edited:
So on Day 16+/-, I should see something?!
Mine first batch are 16 days today. It's a mixed batch of bantams and regular. The bantams seem heavier - definite slant to them.
Not that I'd admit it anywhere else, but I was sort of chirping to them today hoping they'd hear me and start recognizing my voice.
I'm anxious to see some proof of life...

Yea now all u have to do is wait u are going to have some sleepless nights I hatched out all 5 of my chicks on Sunday day 22 they are 3 days old now and are all obsessed with being near or on me or next to me keep us posted and I hope everything goes well and to plan
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png