Day 17 corturnix eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with the hatch and please keep us posted!
smile.png

I think its gonna turn out like the one you just did, it is just a bad time of the year to be shipping eggs .it is just starting to warm up here a little bit I am on the coast in Va. day 18 this evening temp and humidity have been good the whole hatch till the last coupla days it has been a chalange keeping the humidity up

yeah,

i've got 3 hatched and one more pipped, one more rocking. 7 still doing nothing but being rolled around by the hatchlings.
lau.gif

Go chickies Go!

the white may be a golden there are 2 pipped and 3 jumping around and the 2 little brats playing football with the rest LOL

Congratulations!
Like I was telling Quail_Cottage, don't give up to soon. Coturnix can really surprise you sometimes.
I wait 22 days before I give up.
When you get a chance throw up some pics and someone on this board can tell you what colors the chicks will be.
smile.png

Quote:
So what if you have some hatch on day 17? Is it okay to open up the bator (during lockdown) at say, day 20 to remove the hatchlings and then close it back up to wait on the slow hatchers?

You have to take them out before that, quail can't go as long without food and water as chicks can. I take mine out at least every 24 hours.

Quote:
So what if you have some hatch on day 17? Is it okay to open up the bator (during lockdown) at say, day 20 to remove the hatchlings and then close it back up to wait on the slow hatchers?

That's a matter of opinion. I try to only break lock down for the good of the hatch. I have never had 1 or a few hatch on day 17 but if I did. I would break LD and secure dry hatched chicks to my brooder. They are a bird in the hand, so life or death decisions go to the live chicks.
I hope you are not confusing early hatched chicks in a bator with letting the late bloomers ride. I would never...ever let a coturnix chick sit in a bator for 3 days.

It is absolutely ok to break lock down to secure live chicks. Some people overreact and want to break the chicks out, but that is another story.

Yes, it is ok to open the bator to secure live dry chicks. Just don't grab them out one at a time when they hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom